Author Topic: Is Everyone Staying Warm Today??  (Read 531 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Upcoming "attractions?" (Re: Is Everyone Staying Warm Today??)
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »
Dear 65GS.com members who plan for the weather as best they can,

One of the other hats I wear is as the owner of a Personal Weather Station.  One thing lead to another and eventually I stumbled across the National Weather Service Climate Predication Center:

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

They provide longer range forecasts than you'll find with the caveat they are only claiming trends with respect to the climate.  Still that can be good enough to make some plans that you might not otherwise be able to make.  They made a 1 month prediction for the temperature and precipitation.  I thought I would share the forecasts for March since folks here might want to know what the best prognostications are proposing.  Here is the departure from normal temperature forecast for March:

Sadly the blue says it all.  The expectation is colder than normal forecasts for a wide part of the country.  Here is the precipitation forecast:

The one month forecast is not as reliable as the 6-10 day and 8-14 day outlooks.  However, at the moment they are similar.  These are forecasts at the edge of what can be done, but it still gives you some indication of what to expect in your part of the country.  Whether you like it or not, it is better to plan for the worse than be unaware and be sorry.

So FYI . . . . . . .

Edouard

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Is Everyone Staying Warm Today??
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »
Thanks Edouard, I saw the forecast for my region (NE) and it's going to be very cold the next two weeks. Plus we are expecting a big snowfall this Sunday into Monday. How much snow ?  The forecasters will not say yet ! So it could be a big one..  That's OK because my Boys will go out to shovel while I do some inside projects...
              :hello:  Stay warm everyone.

Tony

65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Is Everyone Staying Warm Today??
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2019, 09:25:34 PM »
I’m fed up with the snow and wind.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 11:45:42 PM by dsags »
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Hang in there everyone. (Re: Is Everyone Staying Warm Today??)
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2019, 01:43:43 PM »
Dear Tony, Jim, and 65GS.com members who are "gettin' a little weary" of ol' man Winter,

That's a horribly graphic photo you've got there Jim! . . . .

I started to keep an eye on these extended climate forecasts because of all the drought miseries in California.  However, even California is getting plenty weary of all da' wet.  Still, whatever the situation, I prefer to know what is likely to occur.  Planning for bad weather is better than just having it hit you cold.

Hang in there as best you can gang!

Cheers, Edouard