Author Topic: Dusty to the rescue  (Read 876 times)

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
Dusty to the rescue
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »
So today I had my 04 Lesable let me down. She broke a tension belt on my  drive home. Since I had to return to work, Dusty volunteered for the 20 mile drive back to work. Guys I am sorry for those of  you stuck in the snow. The sun was bright and Dusty just wanted to keep adding the miles. On the way home tonight I filled up for the weekend drive. I will put and extra mile or two for those of you in the cold.

kicking Dust.

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Dusty to the rescue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »
Dusty is just plain cool!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline JimL65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Dusty looks just like the car I had in High school in 1973!!
Ah the memories!
1965 Buick Skylark Sport coupe (in loving memory of her)
1965 Gran Sport convertible (mine)

Motor Trend remarked that its 12.3 mpg in city driving was "not bad at all." and a lot of FUN!!!
"Fast with Class"

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:37:42 AM »
Thanks Dusty, I needed a nice warm sunny day. 
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 07:59:49 AM »
Thanks for the added miles for us.  One of these days, we'll be able to share in the joy of our classics!  We in the north, that is......

A great weekend to all, as we all dream of cruising with Barb and Dusty!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Online Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 08:39:22 AM »

I will put an extra mile or two for those of you in the cold.

But it is a sacrifice I'm sure you are willing to make.  Life has so many demands.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »
Guys , I just want to thank you all. Dusty is on the road because of your advise and knowledge.  I new so little a year ago and you all guided me.  My husband asked me if Dusty was going to be my everyday car. Of course not , I would not risk something happening to him.

kicking Dust.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks! These cars are rugged! (Re: Dusty to the rescue)
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
Dear Barb, Jim, Jim, Kevin, Chuck, Loren, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

So today I had my 04 Lesable let me down. She broke a tension belt on my  drive home. Since I had to return to work, Dusty volunteered for the 20 mile drive back to work.

Thanks for posting the picture Barb!  :icon_thumright:  These cars are comparatively simple and rugged.  When properly maintained they'll run and run.  They even take a surprising amount of abuse and keep running.  My wagon got the nickname "trusty" because she has made a few rescues in her long life.  The last one was to help my Mom when her 2000 Buick Century got a flat tire in 2008 or so.

Please continue to post pictures of Dusty and everyone else please do the same.  As the old saying goes: " a picture is worth a 1000 words" and who really wants to ready through 1000 words when you could be looking at a picture of a classic Buick?  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
Dear Barb, Jim, Jim, Kevin, Chuck, Loren, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

So today I had my 04 Lesable let me down. She broke a tension belt on my  drive home. Since I had to return to work, Dusty volunteered for the 20 mile drive back to work.

Thanks for posting the picture Barb!  :icon_thumright:  These cars are comparatively simple and rugged.  When properly maintained they'll run and run.  They even take a surprising amount of abuse and keep running.  My wagon got the nickname "trusty" because she has made a few rescues in her long life.  The last one was to help my Mom when her 2000 Buick Century got a flat tire in 2008 or so.

Please continue to post pictures of Dusty and everyone else please do the same.  As the old saying goes: " a picture is worth a 1000 words" and who really wants to ready through 1000 words when you could be looking at a picture of a classic Buick?  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:
[emoji1]

kicking Dust.

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »
Kevin

Looks like you really have the boost gauge turned up on that turbo of yours.

Is that an intercooler or shiny cold air intake I see on the side of your engine?

I can hear Bad to the Bone pounding out of your speakers all the from here in Minnesota.

Cruising season is coming soon and my imagination is seeing Buick's everywhere I look.

Milton

65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »
Not to steal the spotlight from Dusty but....your'e very observant Milton.
That's an exhaust fan for use in a boat bilge.  I installed one on each side, they scavenge heat off the tractors engine and heat the cab; keeps it toasty warm inside.  I installed an inexpensive carbon dioxide monitor used in general aviation in the cab just to be safe.
Just one of those 'this might work' projects that distracted me from my primary tast of completing the red car.
Sorry Dusty.     
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »
Not to steal the spotlight from Dusty but....your'e very observant Milton.
That's an exhaust fan for use in a boat bilge.  I installed one on each side, they scavenge heat off the tractors engine and heat the cab; keeps it toasty warm inside.  I installed an inexpensive carbon dioxide monitor used in general aviation in the cab just to be safe.
Just one of those 'this might work' projects that distracted me from my primary tast of completing the red car.
Sorry Dusty.     
No, thank you for the info. There are so many things on Dusty that I do not get.[emoji1] [emoji171]

kicking Dust.

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 03:48:03 PM »
Ok so yes , that intercooler was a left over from when he was  running the 1/4.  Funny how I just call it the tiny radiator.  What do I know[emoji28]

kicking Dust.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
intercooler!??? Where?? (Re: Dusty to the rescue)
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 09:44:59 PM »
Dear Milton, Kevin, Barb, and mid-60s Buick dependents on communication technologies working properly,

Sorry if I'm confused, but I get the feeling that Milton was posting something about Kevin's Buick Special, not Dusty.  I'm not sure why these threads got confused, but I sure don't think Dusty has an intercooler.  Can anybody point to the picture that proves me wrong?

Edouard  :icon_scratch:

P.S. Things would be so much simpler on this forum if every car had a unique name!  :laughing7:

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:21 PM »
Lol I have been enlarging the picture and thinking , how can he see what is inside. Nothing near the tires . Had to assume a small piece of the coolant was showing.  Then dismissed it has a thing I have no idea of. Lol.

kicking Dust.