Author Topic: New here...from NE Iowa  (Read 1615 times)

Offline 9er3delta

• Crazy about Buick!
  • John
Re: No run of the mill wagon. (Was: New here...from NE Iowa)
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
Dear John, Michael, and mid-60s Buick owners interested in colorful history,

Wow, that is a beautiful motor, and a great story to go with it and your car!! 

Thanks!   My wagon's new engine is a bit showy, but this car has had a very long and colorful if difficult life.  There is over 270,000 miles on this car!  She has been mechanically restored, repainted, and reupholstered, but she hasn't really been restored.  The frame and body are on the same mounts that were installed in 1965!  After a life like this, I thought she deserved an engine with some eye-candy!

You are correct, I am big on the stories of the people who owned these cars.  In many cases, I've traced the histories of most of my cars back to the originating dealer. 

That's great that you research your cars with such care!  It must be something of race to retrieve that history before it disappears.

For you, it is a car you've had for a long time...dare I say a part of the family. 

Yes indeed, it was a long struggle.  She was so much a part of the family that she got a name almost from the beginning: Biquette.  It is a French bit of slang which roughly translates to billy-goat.  She has gone from lows like being stolen from July to September 1986, to highs like being included in my PhD as I reported in this posting:

http://65gs.com/board/index.php?topic=3827.msg26889#msg26889

This most definitely isn't a "run of the mill" car from GMs Fremont plant!

Thanks for sharing the stories of your cars!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

All awesomeness!!  I hope I get to meet you and your car in person one day.