Author Topic: bad frame:  (Read 4142 times)

Offline GSDavid

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: bad frame:
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »
The whole thing about everyone taking the side of the popular guy regardless of if they've heard the facts, along with a few revealing threads  about where many of the members stand on moral issues as far as doing the right thing has me a little burned out on the other site.  Still lots of great guys and plenty willing to help you out any way they can, but lots of guys that spend their life looking for an opportunity.

Best of luck on getting things resolved in the best way that you can.

Offline 66GSconv.

• Buick Nut
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »
Today is the last day for the seller to start to make this right. Its been two weeks as of today I emailed him to let him know that I didn't enter in to this deal to buy a parts frame. He wanted me to cut up both frames and merry them together to get one good frame.again his thread stated that he had a STRAIGHT and SOLID,SOLID frame to be bought and that is the agreement that was made.he has stated that he has $500.00 he would give if I would agree to the deal to merry the to frames.I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK ALL $1150.00.I'll will have to wait on an answer,and then move onto the next step.
greg

Offline GSDavid

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Crappy deal.

When all is said and done if you are still looking for a frame, I know of a couple guys here in the Northwest that have parted several 64 and 65 Skylarks and they MAY be able to help you out.
One thing that I know for sure is that they would be honest and probably cheaper.
Shipping is the bad part as you know on that sort of deal.

Offline 65gs76limited

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »
Good luck! I don't see you getting anything but more headaches.How much are you going to spend to try and get back what Dennis ows you?I feel sorry for you but i told you when we talked at the BPG Nats. to get lots and lots of pictures and try getting someone to look at for you and you must have not done either.  Tom

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 08:29:35 PM »
I actually got a PM from the seller. He's going to do his best to make it right, but is looking for advice.
I sent Greg the frame charts with dimensions. We really need some accurate information to determine the actual extent of the damage.
What do you guys feel is salvageable from this frame (if it is real bad)?
What's a 65 GS rear worth? decent suspension arms? Would the side rail reinforcements be of use to someone?
This sucks. The only one that made out on this deal was the guy that transported it...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:02:09 AM by WkillGS »
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Joe65SkylarkGS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 09:19:41 PM »
Any update for us? :boxing:
Going Fast with Class
GSCA # 3741
1965 GS 4 Speed Hard Top (Under Construction)
1965 Skylark 462, 12.21@109.8
1964 Special FireBall V6, 3 on the tree 4 Sale
1987 Grand National
1987 SS Monte T-Tops 4 sale
1995 Slammed Asstro
17 in Boyd Coddington
Daily Driver

Offline 66GSconv.

• Buick Nut
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 05:36:46 PM »
well I think this is going to get fugly he has broken almost everything he has said . Two weeks ago he agreed to send me $212.00 and then $100.00 a month until said amount is payed off. as of today not a penny,not sure what happen to the 212.00 that he set a side for me.He was pretty happy with the deal I came up with AS HE SAID IT WAS A MOST GENEROUS DEAL AND HE WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO EXCEPT IT.last wed.I was on my way up to the court house to file a small claims file and he had emailed me that he needed a zip code to transfer the money to my bank well thurseday&friday came and went and tomorrow is monday he just keeps on stringing me along with all of his hard luck stories,like he is the only the whose had it hard.I feel for him but what am I to do ask him for an allowance.
greg

Offline Joe65SkylarkGS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
You didn't pay him in Insallments did you? He gladly took yor money and yet he can't pay you?

Bad business IMO.
Going Fast with Class
GSCA # 3741
1965 GS 4 Speed Hard Top (Under Construction)
1965 Skylark 462, 12.21@109.8
1964 Special FireBall V6, 3 on the tree 4 Sale
1987 Grand National
1987 SS Monte T-Tops 4 sale
1995 Slammed Asstro
17 in Boyd Coddington
Daily Driver

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
Is there a time frame in which a person has, to be able to file a small claim?

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline 66GSconv.

• Buick Nut
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »
 my wife called the court house the lady up there said 2yrs. I have offered him all kinds of options.he keeps on telling and now everybody else he's going to make this right.I Just keep forgeting that it will be on his terms,and not what we agreed to.
greg

Offline GSDavid

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »
I just sold an extra pair of seat cores to a guy on the v8 board for a measly $50.  He sent me the money two weeks ago, I delivered the seats (half way) last Tuesday, waited till he had them home and got to check them out and said he was happy with them BEFORE I called the $50 my money. 
Anything that is open to interpretation of condition I wait until the customer is happy to call the money mine, period.
But then I'm just a car guy and not someone trying to rake in the cash off my fellow car nuts.

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »
Sounds like this has been strung out way to long.    :BangHead:

Have you kept your emails and messages that he's said he's willing to pay you back?  I would assume that if this has to go to court, those will stand as an admission of guilt and be a strong leverage point towards your case.   :evil5:

You may want to approach this in a different way now as I think everyone will agree that you've been fair. 

1.  Tell him that you need at least half of the payment by next Saturday.  He's already missed his payment deadline and any bank in the world would demand the balance in full.  You are not a bank and you understand his financial situation but you are at a spot that he's lost credibility with you.  No more Mr. Niceguy.

2.  Do not threaten him however make it known that if payment is not received, you are prepared to provide negative feedback on him at the various Buick group websites (V8Buick / 65GS.com etc..)  Leaving negative feedback is within your rights and is actually an expected responsibility to warn others to use caution when dealing with someone.  Again.. be prepared to use excerpts from the messages and emails he's sent you to prove you've been more than fair.  Make sure not to threaten him with this as it could be perceived as both personal and as a form of blackmail.

3.  Make your intentions of filing a small claims case on him known if payment is not received.  Make sure he understands that any court or other related costs will be part of the court case.

As an option, you may want to offer him a way out by sending you a correct boxed GS frame in excellent condition at his shipping expense.  From what I understand, he has several A body cars and may have the frame you are needing sitting around there someplace.  This would make things right to you and he could find a replacement later when he's back on his feet (there are plenty of frames out there).  I would only do this with a reasonable deadline for the frame to arrive on my drive and he would need to provide tracking numbers and carrier information after he claimed it was picked up.

If all else fails, be prepared to follow through with the negative feedback and court action and don't contact him until everything is settled through the court system.  After you file, it's up to them to handle it and you'll see him and get to plead your side in court.

Many of us are sorry to see everything go this way... but right is right and we are all are expected to do the right thing in this hobby even in rough times.

Best of luck and please keep us up to date until this unfortunately has to go to court.

Chris 
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline 66GSconv.

• Buick Nut
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »
 Well, the seller looks like he he could be on his way to making this right on Oct. the 23 he deposited $220.00 into my account its not as much as I would have liked but its is what we agreed to a start with. As a start to paying me back.lets just hope it is the start.
greg

Offline GSDavid

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 12:25:16 AM »
Well that is a good start.  Keep on him.

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
Hopefully there is a happy ending to this afterall and everyone walks away ok.

Keep us posted..

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2