Author Topic: Looking for parts  (Read 2442 times)

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
Looking for parts
« on: July 11, 2014, 10:22:19 AM »
Hi.  I am looking for some parts for my 65 GS prior to starting restoration. Of course these are the hard to find parts!   Please let me know if you have any of the for sale. I'd also appreciate any leads to where I might find some of them. Thanks, Steve

- clips to hold porthole vents to fender (previous owner disassembled part of the car and then lost theses clips)
- nice right tail light
- air tubes for exhaust manifold to the carb
- 'rounded' clips that mount on intake to hold heater hose to top of engine
- wide belt molding stainless pieces for convertible car
- original positive battery cable
- power seat
- tilt column
- nice air cleaner (mines a bit rusted)
- nice chrome pieces - grille, headlight surrounds, ...
- original black GS 4 speed shift ball without the shift pattern
- ac parts

Offline Weldar

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Looking for parts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
I may have the wide belt trim you are looking for. This is on a 65 Skylark and not sure if the Gran Sport was different. Attached are two pics.

Dwaine
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:08:45 PM by Welder »
65 Skylark GS HT Auto - Under restoration
65 Skylark GS HT 4sp - Driver
2 x 65 Skylarks for parts

"If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready" - Les K.
"The closer to the wellhead the better" - Oilfield Oldtimer

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »
Thanks for reply Dwaine.  As far as I know, the 65 Skylark and 65 GS are the same.  If anyone knows otherwise please reply.  Dwaine, let me know which pieces you have. Mi just sent you a PM.  Thanks!  Steve

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 06:14:24 AM »
you can buy exact plugs wires and battery cables from lectric limited. http://www.lectriclimited.com/mainpage.htm
i have the pass side tube send pixs today.i have some of the other stuff to but not sure if i am keeping the cleaner or not .currently i am running a qjet and probably will never change it .however think i want to keep the oem intake carb and cleaner.I will look at my spare grille and bezels and see how nice they are

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 07:16:29 AM »
Thanks Bobby.  Am looking forward to seeing pictures.   I am still looking for all parts in original list below plus power window setup for covertible.  Thanks, Steve

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
The trim Dwaine has pictured appears to be the standard convertible pieces.
If I understand your request correctly, you are looking for the deluxe trim that is wide for the door and quarter window top edge.
It would be used on both Skylark and GS.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »
Loren, you are correct, I am looking for the deluxe trim that is wide for door and quarter windows.  And yes, it turns out the ones below are not the deluxe trims moldings   If I got it right, I believe even the sides of the convertible top pieces are different.  I am still looking for them if anyone has these parts for sale.  Steve

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 08:18:29 PM »
Hey Dwaine,

If Steve is not interested in standard trim pieces, I am looking for some without dents.  Was just talking with Mark today about trying to get mine repaired before the show in Minnesota next month.  Cant see any dents in the photos but it was tough to see condition.  If yours are not dented, and Steve is not interested, I am.

Rob
65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »
Rob, since these are not the optional moldings I'm looking for, I am not interested.  I've already PM'd Dwaine to let him know.  I hope you get them and enjoy them!  Steve

Offline mrbuick65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
Hello Steve. Look at the 2 pictures. These mouldings are from a 65 Skylark conv. Are they what you need? Air cleaner may be from an early 60s Caddy? Fits on my 65 GS perfectly. Has no tabs where it mounts.
John

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »
Hi John.  Thanks for replying.  Yes, the moldings look like they are what I need.  The air cleaner looks like mine, except I do not have words that say 'FRONT' on mine.  It looks like this one would have the snout pointing to the drivers side headlight.  I've read some posts that say GS's point to drivers side, and some that say the passenger side.  Does anyone know what the correct way is?  Or did they build them both ways?

John, what is the outside diameter of the snorkel and what is the length of the snout?  Steve

Offline mrbuick65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
Hello Steve. Look at the 2 pictures. These mouldings are from a 65 Skylark conv. Are they what you need? Air cleaner may be from an early 60s Caddy? Fits on my 65 GS perfectly. Has no tabs where it mounts.
John
The snout sticks out 5 1/2 and is 4 1/2 across. A little longer and wider than my GS. I don`t know the correct way the breathers face.
John

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »
Thanks for the info John.  I sent you a PM earlier.  I'm definitely interested in the convertible moldings and am looking forward to seeing those pix.  I'll check my air cleaner dimensions and get back to you on that.  Steve

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 08:15:49 PM »
TUBE

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
Thanks Bobby.  I believe there are two tubes for a manual transmission GS.  Is this one of those two tubes?  Is it the one that is visible on passenger side from exhaust manifold to carb, or is the one that goes exits carb on backside down to exhaust?  Any kinks or cuts in the tube and are the fittings on both ends intact?  thanks, Steve