Author Topic: Reynolds Buick 65 GS  (Read 18911 times)

Offline Doc

• Buick Nut
Re: Reynolds Buick 65 GS
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
Yep, looks the same to me,,,,,, definitly a Sun tach and the right numbers on the face..... pointer and all.....
The reynolds car was most likely a ''light weight'' car that was special ordered with no heater, no sound deadner, no undercoating, ect.... i am not saying that it actually was but if I was back then, ordering a car to drag race with , I would want it to be as light as possible..... remember how the pop hot rod project x was done??????  all that stuff was removed..... it was all about advertised hp to weight ratio.....that determined the class that the car ran in.....Any pics with the class wrote on the windows/windshield with shoe polish?????  B/S- C/S-D/S  ???Both Pop Kennedy and Jim Bell were old street rats that really knew how to go fast..... all the tricks.....
I dont recall Buick having any other light wt. options like Ford and Chrysler had, and Chevy and Pontiac..... stuff like fiberglass hoods, deck lids, trunk lids, plexi glass, and no window cranks.....Can any body say ''super duty Pontiacs''????
At the time my 64 lark just barely made it into G/S/A class with the ''optional'' 300 ...... won lots of trophys with it....

JImGS

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
If you want I can get you the number to Reynolds Buick GMC Dealer in West Covina,Ca. I deliver G.M.C. trucks there often. I am sure they could tell you the color of the car & might even send you a picture.     Jim

JImGS

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »
Well I gess I should read all the comments before I put my 2 cents in. I gess you made a lot of progress.Well Ill just sit back & read some more & learn something!     Jim

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2009, 01:06:13 PM »
Hey JimGS, thanks for trying man!   ;D

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated here.

Chris

-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline 65GS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 11:55:57 PM »
Chris
I have a sun tach. i will donate. No sending unit though.

Al
65 GS Conv.(flame red/ white int. orig. 401/ 4 speed.
65 GS hardtop auto.
BCA #3277