Author Topic: '65 GS running chasis "kit" for sale  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
  • Crazy about Buick!
'65 GS running chasis "kit" for sale
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »
I thought I would offer this up to everyone here first before advertising it elsewhere.  I just took apart a '65 GS that came from CA.  A guy in my town bought it off Ebay several years ago and had it hauled here.  It sat near the ocean in Santa Monica for many years, so the body was completely rusted out--worst I had ever seen.  Fast forward to this past Fall and the guy that had it hauled here ended up out of work on disability, and his wife left him, so he sold it to me.    Over the Christmas break, I disassembled the car and what I have left is a complete "kit" to build a '65 GS--all you need is a regular Skylark or Special body to put on it.

Here is what you get:

-Rolling chasis with a rock solid frame (just has surface rust).  Frame still has front and rear bumper mounts on it and the rear crossmember (behind the rear bumper) is perfectly straight and un-damaged (which is very unusual). 
-3.08 factory posi GS rear end
-LR code 401 engine with 101,000 miles (was stuck, but I got it un-stuck this past week and have it running now-fires up and runs perfectly, but I would go on and rebuild it if I were building a car with it)
-ST300 GS transmission
-core support with radiator, battery tray/brackets, horns, and GS grille (pitted)
-4 original '65 GS rally wheels (need to be rechromed)
-console with shifter and all the hardware
-under dash wiring harness with the branch that goes to the console
-all the GS under-hood wiring
-GS standard floor shift steering column
-GS glove box door
-All 5 GS emblems
-GS fender venti-ports
-Black bucket seats (need recovering, drivers needs new padding)
-bucket seat brackets cut out of the floor of the body (amazingly these weren't rusted)

Only thing missing to make a complete GS out of a Skylark or Special body is one piece of the trim that goes along the bottom of the roof where it meets the quarters (usually called the vinyl top trim).  I have the two short pieces that go along the side, but the long one that goes around the back had holed drilled in it with screws through it, so it went to the scrap yard with the body.

All for $1800.   Located in Mocksville, NC 
I can do a partial delivery and meet the buyer in one of the surrounding states if that helps.
I can start it up and you can hear it run
Email  stonesautomotive@juno.com or reply here

Also available if you need it:
-front, rear, quarter and door glass (all factory tinted)
-solid rear bumper (need re-plating)
-front inner fender wells (both are very solid with no holes--just surface rust)
-crack free black dash pad

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:37:06 AM by Brian »
'64 Skylark 2dr ht 4 speed, 300-4
'65 GS ht, 4 speed,2-4s,AC,PS,PB,PW,Pseat,Tilt
'66 Skylark 2dr ht 300-2 automatic
'78 Yamaha DT 400 2 stroke
'88 Ford F-150 4x4 (used to be 4x2)
'89 Ford F-350 4x4
'03 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual (daily driver)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Re: '65 GS running chasis "kit" for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
Brian.. you're killing me!   :-X

This is ONE HELL OF A DEAL!

How soon do you need everything gone?

I'll take first dibs if we can work out the logistics of getting everything home.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »
No huge rush, but in a week or so it will be sitting outside with a tarp over it.  At the moment it is under my shed and I need that space for the cab off my F350 4x4 I am restoring.  The truck is my priority project, otherwise I would be looking for a body to put on this and build it for myself (I already have 1 GS and 2 Skylarks, so I don't need another!)  I am also getting ready to buy a different (newer) daily driver car and would like to generate some cash for that--my 97 Accord has 161,000 on it now and a whole list of other problems I don't care to fix on a car I have been driving for 9 years and am tired of. 
  I should have put in the post that the "also available if you need it" parts are extra cost! 
  I bought this car for one and only one thing--it had a factory floor shift tilt column in it (which I saved for myself).  It also had PW on it (Mark Ascher has spoken for that setup), CA emission Air cleaner set up (going on Mark Ascher's car) and factory AC (Loren Alexander has dibs on all the AC stuff)
   I also have a correct GS air cleaner I will sell separately if you need it--Mark traded it to me for the CA emisisons one that was on the car. 
   I will get some pictures of everything once I get it ouside the shed where there is some light.
'64 Skylark 2dr ht 4 speed, 300-4
'65 GS ht, 4 speed,2-4s,AC,PS,PB,PW,Pseat,Tilt
'66 Skylark 2dr ht 300-2 automatic
'78 Yamaha DT 400 2 stroke
'88 Ford F-150 4x4 (used to be 4x2)
'89 Ford F-350 4x4
'03 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual (daily driver)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
Brian,

I just talked this over with the boss (wife) and she's not real happy with me at the moment so I'm gonna need to pass.

She works at Ford Motor Company and I'm sure you are aware of how unsettling those that work for the big three are about employement right now. 

I can't complain since this is the first time she's ever put the brakes on me buying anything and I know where she's coming from also since I've not began parting out the 65 Skylark Sedan I bought from California last month.

I would urge others out there to look at this deal... I sold a 65 GS frame for $1600 last year alone!!!

I'm sure you won't have a lot of problems selling this Brian and thanks for offering it up for sale here first.

Chris

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »
PM sent

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline halfmoontrail

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »

[Chris] Delete this if it looks like a hijack, seems complementary to me

I have a 1964 Skylark donor car, good body and glass. Was a V8 car, has power windows, A/C. I just need a few things for my '65 GS convertible. This car would be perfect with Brian's roller.

Located in North Florida, near Gainesville. $1000 as it sits, or negotiated lower if I snag more parts for my GS.

Steve
352-222-2625
halfmoontrail@yahoo.com

Offline Joe65SkylarkGS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »
I thought I would offer this up to everyone here first before advertising it elsewhere.  I just took apart a '65 GS that came from CA.  A guy in my town bought it off Ebay several years ago and had it hauled here.  It sat near the ocean in Santa Monica for many years, so the body was completely rusted out--worst I had ever seen.  Fast forward to this past Fall and the guy that had it hauled here ended up out of work on disability, and his wife left him, so he sold it to me.    Over the Christmas break, I disassembled the car and what I have left is a complete "kit" to build a '65 GS--all you need is a regular Skylark or Special body to put on it.

Here is what you get:

-Rolling chasis with a rock solid frame (just has surface rust).  Frame still has front and rear bumper mounts on it and the rear crossmember (behind the rear bumper) is perfectly straight and un-damaged (which is very unusual). 
-3.08 factory posi GS rear end
-LR code 401 engine with 101,000 miles (was stuck, but I got it un-stuck this past week and have it running now-fires up and runs perfectly, but I would go on and rebuild it if I were building a car with it)
-ST300 GS transmission
-core support with radiator, battery tray/brackets, horns, and GS grille (pitted)
-4 original '65 GS rally wheels (need to be rechromed)
-console with shifter and all the hardware
-under dash wiring harness with the branch that goes to the console
-all the GS under-hood wiring
-GS standard floor shift steering column
-GS glove box door
-All 5 GS emblems
-GS fender venti-ports
-Black bucket seats (need recovering, drivers needs new padding)
-bucket seat brackets cut out of the floor of the body (amazingly these weren't rusted)

Only thing missing to make a complete GS out of a Skylark or Special body is one piece of the trim that goes along the bottom of the roof where it meets the quarters (usually called the vinyl top trim).  I have the two short pieces that go along the side, but the long one that goes around the back had holed drilled in it with screws through it, so it went to the scrap yard with the body.

All for $1800.   Located in Mocksville, NC 
I can do a partial delivery and meet the buyer in one of the surrounding states if that helps.
I can start it up and you can hear it run
Email  stonesautomotive@juno.com or reply here

Also available if you need it:
-front, rear, quarter and door glass (all factory tinted)
-solid rear bumper (need re-plating)
-front inner fender wells (both are very solid with no holes--just surface rust)
-crack free black dash pad

Brian if you decide to sell parts, i'd be interested in the following:  Ventiports? Condition?

2 short "vinyl top" pieces,  and dash pad?

Thanks Joe.
Going Fast with Class
GSCA # 3741
1965 GS 4 Speed Hard Top (Under Construction)
1965 Skylark 462, 12.21@109.8
1964 Special FireBall V6, 3 on the tree 4 Sale
1987 Grand National
1987 SS Monte T-Tops 4 sale
1995 Slammed Asstro
17 in Boyd Coddington
Daily Driver

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »
Sorry guys, I and brian have arrived at a deal.
I will be visiting Brian the end of March/first of April to pick it up.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline sjfd04

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
Joe

Did you need the two side pieces to complete the vinyl top?  The trim I think you need is called "Halo trim

Let me know, I have a set in good shape, just need a little work.

Tom
65 GS 4-Speed Hardtop
2017 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
1970 1/2 Camaro Z-28 4-speed

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »
Loren,

This package could'nt have gone to a better home.

I glad that Brian and you were able to make a deal... I still feel bad that I couldn't follow through after claiming dibs on it but my marriage is still intact (for the time being!)   ;D

Glad to see that it worked out for everyone... this really was One Hellva Deal!

Chris

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »
Chris, I was also thinking of trying to make Brian's deal work for me too. I'm just glad that Loren has saved me from spending money that really is earmarked for my car's resto. Thanks Loren ;D
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 08:32:25 PM »
Glad to be of service.lol

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior