Author Topic: Help with pricing  (Read 1618 times)

Offline dl7265

• Crazy about Buick!
Help with pricing
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »
Hi guys, 

What is the current market on a nice driver type quality '65 GS vert ? no  rust and let's say numbers matching for now. 

Thanks,
DL

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: Help with pricing
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
DL,

Welcome to the '65 GS Clubhouse.

The market value of any collector car is whatever the seller is willing to sell and what the buyer is willing to pay. That being said, the overall condition of a '65 GS convertible will be the biggest factor in determining the value. You ask for a driver quality with no rust. No rust is a big plus, especially for those buyers in the snowbelt. I checked with NADA for their numbers; low retail $13,750, average retail $19,665, high retail $33,695. I think that those numbers are fairly accurate. Are you a buyer or a seller? If you have photos to post of the exterior, interior, engine and undercarriage, that would be helpful. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, this forum is the place to ask. We are a small, friendly group of '65 GS fanatics who can assist with any specific questions.

John Egel

Offline dl7265

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »
Hi John, thank you. Did you have a car in Ames last year ? There were several very nice '65's. I brought a '68 GS vert that won Sr Gold Concours it's first showing. I am more familiar with 68/69 models.

I am buying. I am awaiting photos of the car at this time. I was thinking mid teens for a nice driver quality car ? The only one I'm familiar with was Mark Reeves frame off that sold at B-J Palm Beach for 38k restored plus commissions.

DL

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:01 AM »
DL,

Yes, my wife and I were at the BCA Nationals in Ames last summer. Eight '65 GSs were there, the most that I've seen together at once. Five members of this forum were there with their GSs. There was also several members of this forum there without their '65 GSs. It was good to meet fellow members and '65GS nuts. There are some photos from the show posted on this forum. Go to Events-Ames Buick Nationals, who's going-page 3. The white hardtop and one of the red convertibles are ours. My wife and I drove them from Kansas City. The group got together for pizza one night and we hung around together on the show field the day after the show. Congratulations on receiving Senior Gold for your "68 GS convertible. Your '68 GS must have been parked a couple of cars away from us. In fact, we must have been standing next to each other at the banquet to receive our awards. My red convertible earned it's Senior Preservation Award.

If you are thinking of buying a '65 GS or any musclecar, now is a good time because the market values are depressed during this economic downturn. Decent convertibles are much sought after and are difficult to find. After all, they only made 2,147 convertibles, 1,426 being automatics, 598 4-speeds, and 123 3-speeds. My estimates are that less than 10% to 15% may have survived. You might want to post an ad in cars wanted on this forum, you never know what may turn up. Good luck!

John Egel
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:25:48 AM by nut465gs »

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:17 AM »
DL,
   Did you see the white and maroon cars for sale on Craigslist? $13k and $14k
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline dl7265

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
DL,
   Did you see the white and maroon cars for sale on Craigslist? $13k and $14k

Walt,
the Vermont cars ? There are some real issues there.....

Online dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:23:32 AM »
DL,

DL,
Do you mind sharing what the issues are ?
A friend of mine emailed him and got a somewhat surly response. No more pics than what is on the listing. Seven cars and a motorhome in front of it so it won't be moved 'til the snow melts. 'Thinks' it has matching numbers. Etc. My friend likes the Burgundy convertible but was not impressed by the sellers response.

Dan
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:16:48 PM by dsags »
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline dl7265

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »
DL,

DL,
Do you mind sharing what the issues are ?
A friend of mine emailed him and got a somewhat surly response. No more pics than what is on the listing. Seven cars and a motorhome in front of it so it won't be moved 'til the snow melts. 'Thinks' it has matching numbers. Etc. My friend likes the Burgundy convertible but was not impressed by the sellers response.

Dan

Dan,
   He is a crook. I was able to confirm this on Saturday. He tried to sell me a car , that he does not even own. I inspected the car, and it is still safely in the hands of the real owner. three thousand miles away from him.
  I suspect that he may not own any of the cars, which is why they are never available to be inspected...And he can only provide photographs he got off the internet...