Author Topic: 3spd convert  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
3spd convert
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »

So I don't know how to pull Jon's comments on the rarity of a 3spd convertible over to the "cars wanted" section but I figured  I didn't want to confuse people with the "small badge" subject line on the other topic. 

While we were in Ames, a guy came up to us on the second day and said he knew of a 3spd convert in Iowa that had been outside for awhile but was complete and restorable.  He said that the owner wanted $6000 for it which seemed too steep to me but I did want to see it.  The gentleman we spoke to said he wanted a finder's fee before he would disclose the location of the car but that it was in Iowa in a salvage yard and the owner was not very committed to selling it.  I gave the guy my phone number but he never called me.    Obviously i don't NEED this car but a 3spd convert would be something I would really think about doing.   He said that this car has power windows,  and (I think) posi.  In August I was only mildly interested in this car, but it has been a long winter and i would like to hunt it down.  I figure if Jon has only seen one decent one then this thing is worth looking at.  Does anyone else reecall speaking to this guy?
 Rob   

65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed