Author Topic: parking lights  (Read 1167 times)

Offline gsal

• Buick Fan
parking lights
« on: November 24, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. This is a great site. I think I have a problem with the lights on the 65 gran sport I just got. The front turn signals work and the parking lights work but when I turn the headlights on the parking lights go off in the front only. I would like to make sure it's wrong before I try to fix it. thanks for the help.

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: parking lights
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 06:48:38 AM »
gsal,

All is well with your GS.  In 1965, you get either parking lights or headlights. Not both at the same time as are modern cars.

John Egel

Offline gsal

• Buick Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »
Thanks John. I appreciate the info.

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
gsal,

You're welcome. Tell us more about your GS. Photos?  Any more questions . . . this is the right club house. Please consider registering your GS with us.  Glad to have you aboard.

John Egel

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
gsal,
 As John said," Welcome ".
Don't hesitate to ask questions, even those of us that have been around '65 GSs for a while are still learning.
Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline gsal

• Buick Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »
Thanks guys . I will have a lot of questions. The 65 is new to me. I had in the past a 68 GS400 4 spd and a 70 stage convertible. That was a some time ago. Wish I had that rare car now. Both cars were so dif from the 65 but I really like it. I bought it from a friend that has had it for the last 8 years. I will get it on the registry as soon as I can. The car is a verde green hard top automatic numbers matching with a built 401 nailhead with dual quads. I do have a question, are the dash lights very dim or can you tell me what number bulbs should be in the cluster.`My radio doesn't work but I didn't look at it yet so any info will help. Thanks  Al