Author Topic: Thanks to Al Jones and '65 GS freinds at BCA Nats  (Read 1524 times)

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Thanks to Al Jones and '65 GS freinds at BCA Nats
« on: August 08, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »
I want to extend a special thank you to Al Jones for his help at the BCA Nationals in Ames last week. My convertible was spewing gasoline out the front carburetor on the day of the car show. Al volunteered to tear into the carb after the show. He wanted to see if he could fix it so that I would have a safe trip back to Kansas City. Also helping with the parking lot "open carb" surgery were Dan Ankeney, Rogers Sears and Loren Alexander. Although I think Loren was just making sure that the beer was cold. My wife Karen ran to the auto parts store for carb cleaner. Thanks Babe! It turned out to be a very clogged and rust filled float bowl. Al just happened to have an extra set of needles and seats to install after cleaning it out with carb cleaner. The convertible ran great all the way back to KC. Thanks to Al and the rest of my '65 GS buddies for their assistance and camaraderie.

John Egel

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Re: Thanks to Al Jones and '65 GS freinds at BCA Nats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »
An awesome example of what makes the Buick crowd great!  :icon_salut:

I've seen this happen a couple times and it's really cool how everyone pulls together and helps out.

Thanks for sharing John.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »
Al and Loren did all the work. My role was 'supervisor'. I watched them remove a pebble - yes, as in small stone - from one of the float bowls. Those two were amazing. Great work guys.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Online Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »
Thanks Dan, but I don't remember doing much but crowd control and water boy detail.
It is always something special when a group of car people get together to help someone out.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division