Author Topic: Looking for parts  (Read 2730 times)

JImGS

Looking for parts
« on: November 01, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »
I hope someone can let me know were I might be able to find these parts. Front fender porthole emblems, Hood ornament,& gaskets for tail lights              Thanks jimGS

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: Looking for parts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »
Jim,

You'll have to try and find the venti-ports used. Good used ones are hard to come by.
Ditto on the hood ornament, although I think CARS had a passable reproduction at one time. I don't know if you can still get them. I see them on ebay now and then, selling for $75-$100.
The tailight gaskets should be available from Metro - http://www.metrommp.com/

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

JImGS

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have desent vent-ports I will just have them replated. I also have a after market hood ornament but it has a little bend in it at the bottom. Ill check out that web sight for the tailight gaskets.  Jim

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »
The hood emblem you mention , sounds like the first repros that were done. You could see the marks from the nut and the bend was because the casting was done from a broken original.
Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline Doc

• Buick Nut
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »
Jim,,, I bought the tail light gaskets that are on the market now,,, they are way thick and made of some foam like material... i went ahead and installed them any way... and they did not look right at all.... so....
I took the tail lights out and cleaned the flanges real good and used black rtv silicone stuff that i bought at home depot....... put it on the flanges of the lights about 3/8 or so thick ,,let it set up completely untill the next day.... then put them back in the car,,,, they pulled up nice and tight and looked like a factory installation....hope this helps.....