Author Topic: Springtime finally here !!  (Read 216 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Springtime finally here !!
« on: April 07, 2024, 09:20:44 PM »
  Spring has finally reached the NY area, and no better way of spending it than with a lineup of Gran Sports, Gran Nationals & T-Types at the Northeast GS/GN Club's Spring meeting and luncheon at the Auto Center in picturesque Chappaqua NY, in Westchester County 45 minutes north of NYC. It was 55 degrees and sunny. A perfect day to take out whatever type of vintage Buick moves you and give it a good run!
  Yesterday I uncovered the code Z hardtop and prepped it for the meeting, I gave it a good local run to make sure it was Ok, This GS has it's issues but roadworthy. So Two of my Sons Mike, Steve & I headed north. The engine ran fine but I still have an annoying vibration in the front end over 50 mph and has a slight pull to the right, but we took our time and arrived safely. The luncheon started at 12:30 followed by the annual meeting with raffles & prizes. Afterwards we all went outside to enjoy the display of beautiful Buick muscle in the parking lot. There was even another 65 GS ! It was White with Blue interior and dual quads from NJ. The owner stated that he is a member of 65GS.com I took a photo of his GS and the code Z and the big cake that they had for all of us. A great way to start the season.
  The reason I drove the code Z to the meeting was to have John(Director of the Club and Owner of the Auto Center) work on the GS for me since I will be working on the Red coupe from now to July to get it ready for the Ohio show in July. There is no way I can work on both Gran Sports at the same time. I don't usually ask for help but spending time with the family in the Summer months is important.  I had already arranged to have a ride back to NYC from my very good friend (Buick/Chrysler collector) Charlie and we were back home by 4PM. 
  An awesome day with great people ..... 

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Springtime finally here !!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 05:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, Tony! Great to be out with these cars.

That white GS was formerly owned by Glenn Vinz ("Vinnie" here on the forum) who passed recently. It is indeed a very nice car!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 06:24:35 PM »
Nice! Glad to see Drew was out driving his white GS too!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 07:13:43 PM »
   Thanks, Chuck & Jim. Yes, It felt good to get out of the city and see everyone for the afternoon. That white GS was very nice, but I did not know that was Drew. I did not stay by his GS very long because my boys wanted to
see all the Buicks before we had to leave. In the past Drew called me several times to talk about his 65 GS restoration project. So he must have another GS as Jim stated. I'm sure we will see each other again at another Buick event.

Tony  :thumbsup:
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317