Author Topic: According to the Weather Channel: when is the last snowfall?  (Read 276 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers who never want their beloved Buicks deal with roadway salt,

The Weather Channel has a short piece about when the snow normally stops falling in various parts of the country:

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2024-03-19-spring-snow-last-snow-of-season

It might help folks on this board plan a bit more as to when they might wake up their sleeping Buick beauties!

Edouard

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: According to the Weather Channel: when is the last snowfall?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 07:10:05 PM »
Hi everyone, I clicked on the link to the National Weather Service. And for the Northeast the weather service is correct in stating that by now the chance of snow in New York City is highly unlikely. We had a good heavy rain twice last week that washed away all the road salt. So It's safe to take out the Buicks (or whatever vintage vehicle you may have) in the NYC metro area. I have not uncovered the code Z GS yet, I've been busy cleaning out a garage of a Cousin that is no longer driving, he gave his Toyota to my son Mike and is letting me use the garage. Next week the Electrician will begin  to update the outlets & install LED lights. Once all that is completed the code Z goes in and then I could start working on the Red Coupe and get it done for the Ohio meet.
                                                                                      :overthetop:
People ask me "now that you are retired, what do you do with all of your free time"[/u] ?

Tony  :thumbsup: 
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Re: According to the Weather Channel: when is the last snowfall?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 01:38:41 PM »
Thanks Tony for the update!

Indeed you have your hands full!

Edouard