Author Topic: leake on passinger side top windshield  (Read 507 times)

Offline Dfdexman

• Buick Fan
leake on passinger side top windshield
« on: November 25, 2023, 03:53:17 PM »
leak was there before new windshield was installed still there after new install by professional co, any pointers as to how to fix air and water leak. passenger top of windshield.
Dball

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: leake on passinger side top windshield
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 06:57:17 PM »
Hi, I'd pull the trim off the windshield  soap the seal and go inside with an air line and find just where the leak is  .did they use the butyl rubber seal  or something  else ? If so maybe a little bit of lacquer  thinner might soften it up enough to seal. Just a  thought .jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline Dfdexman

• Buick Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 08:12:10 AM »
IM NOT SURE OF THE SEAL MATERIAL BUT ILL TRY THE SOPE AND AIR METHOD, VERY ANNOYING AIR NOISE IN THE VACINTY BUT LEAKED WHEN USING SPRAY GUN AT CAR WASH. THX
Dball

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 10:21:33 AM »
If you find it and it's the butyl  style  I've  some extra  you can work  in the spot.jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »
When the window was out did you get a chance to inspect the windshield frame for corrosion? Can you pinpoint the area of the leak?
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline Dfdexman

• Buick Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 06:38:00 PM »
Found leak rough spot in frame that seal didn't cover, I used clear flex seal and will recheck when dry. thx
Dball