Author Topic: 1965 Skylark Convertible Core Support  (Read 329 times)

Offline markrieb

• Buick Fan
1965 Skylark Convertible Core Support
« on: October 24, 2023, 02:51:24 PM »
I have a 1965 Skylark Convertible.  From the info plates it originally came with a 300/powerglide, but by the time I got the car it had a Buick 350/TH350 swapped in. 

The question I have is regarding the core support:  Is there more than one size of core support for the Skylark?  I bought what I thought was the right radiator per the Griffin and Summit catalogs, but it is too wide at 33" overall.  I saw the earlier posts here that recommended the Griffin 1-56242XS and it appears to be the right size.  As I measure my core support I have 27.5" wide x 20" tall and depending on which edge you measure between 2.5" and 3.75" thick.

I'm in a return battle with Summit and just trying to make sure I didn't misread the catalog or that there is another support out there that would work with this radiator.

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 1965 Skylark Convertible Core Support
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 04:43:57 PM »
There are 2 different core supports used one is an early style used on the down flow radiator and one for the crossflow radiator also used on the gs models! The lower channel where the radiator sits in is different!
The lower channel can be changed out with spot weld drilling and welding! Or just replace the whole support !
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 04:46:53 PM by gssizzler »