Author Topic: My polluting ways  (Read 895 times)

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
My polluting ways
« on: October 04, 2023, 09:33:25 PM »
     Enough about things we have little control over?I just wanted to say that Eric Gardner from Gardner Exhaust has raised his prices not nearly as far as most parts out there. I know that prices are high on everything but if you want quality this is your guy. I think anyone would be happy paying for oem exhaust from this company?.not cheap,but definitely correct.

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
Re: My polluting ways
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 06:13:13 AM »
Took a look at their website. Disappointed that they don't have an onsite way to order or at least get an idea of pricing.
 It was interesting to see the pictures of my friends Gran Sport showing their system, used on the website.

Also went to the website for Waldron Exhaust. I found that their site has options with pricing. I'll have to submit a "contact for information" request.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 09:42:46 AM »
    I used Gardner on the 65GS which was roughly $1000 at the time for correct everything for stock manifolds. Clamps,hangars,complete with correct bent exhaust and factory dump tail pipes. This was roughly a few hundred more than the local muffler shop. I am currently working on a 65 Impala SS that I also want correct. Eric will not list prices because he puts together your request as far as mufflers,resonators,or different options your car may have had. I agree with you that he should just list individual pieces and prices would be more readily available. The good news is that he will send you a quote or call you back after figuring your options. If I was doing a hot rod type resto?.it probably is not justifiable using their system with headers and non oem parts. I do believe anyone would be happy if just trying to put it back to the way it came from factory.

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 03:32:45 PM »
I also endorse Gardner exhaust for a factory correct restoration. Everything is top quality and just fits. And the beer glass is cool as well. In my freezer waiting to have a cold one poured.

:occasion14:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 09:45:43 AM »
   That is about the stage I am at on this Chevy project. When you got it that far it was not much longer before it started looking like something. I want to get the exhaust and fuel done and try to run it awhile before going further. Body is very decent but far from finished. I hope I can get it ready to bolt back on frame this winter so it is not a dead horse to push around garage. I actually started this one while in the middle of a different car so I may be a nuisance to those kids who get tired watching restoration shows. I am constantly hearing how cars are not affordable to restore but in reality anyone could start small and work into a Cobra if they had a little perseverance. I can?t believe all the half finished cars that people never get to. Many of of us have health,financial,or problems that are out of our control, but I also just see a lot of high enthusiasm until the work part starts. I think young people learn a lot more from the failure of trying than they will ever learn in a credit score environment. If we show them it can be done?at the very least they will know they could give it a try.