Author Topic: Mid-60s Buicks at the Orinda Classic Car show.  (Read 490 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Mid-60s Buicks at the Orinda Classic Car show.
« on: September 11, 2023, 12:24:09 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Regrettably, my health situation has been such that I haven't washed any of our cars in years.  That left my trusty wagon not exactly presentable for this year's Orinda Classic Car show.  Still, I managed to pry free enough time to at least attend the show.  This year's theme was "land yachts."  The Buick Riviera was placed in that category, therefore there was a number of those Buicks.  Unfortunately, only 1 other Buick model was present.  Still, there were some mid-60s Rivieras that thought people on this board might enjoy seeing.  Here is a 1963:

Here is a close up of the engine bay:

Here is a 1965 Riviera:

Since the nailhead is near and dear to folks around here I have 2 photos of the engine bay.  Here is the driver's side:

Here is the passenger side:

There was a 1972 Riviera and also a 1956 Buick Super that might be of interest to the folks on this board:

I didn't take all that many photos, but if you have an itch to cruise through the show, my online photo storage service has a slide show link:

https://canebas.smugmug.com/frame/slideshow?key=hMJNtX&speed=3&transition=fade&autoStart=1&captions=0&navigation=0&playButton=0&randomize=0&transitionSpeed=2&clickable=1

For completeness, here is a link to gallery itself:

https://canebas.smugmug.com/ClassicandCustomAutomobiles/Car-Shows/2023-Orinda-Classic-Car-show

Enjoy!

Edouard

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Mid-60s Buicks at the Orinda Classic Car show.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Edouard. Glad you felt well enough to attend. I've never seen a Wildcat LS3 before. Obviously a Nailhead, so not a Chevy reference....

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 07:44:48 AM »
Edouard, thank you for posting the pictures. Even though we are Buick people, I think we all enjoy seeing other marques as well.
 So sorry you were not able to bring Biquette to the show but happy you are feeling well enough to attend.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 01:01:19 PM »
Some nice cars there, thank you for sharing!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto