Author Topic: 2024? Skylark  (Read 279 times)

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
2024? Skylark
« on: June 21, 2023, 08:05:16 AM »
Just saw this and thought it is kind of sweet.

https://carsfrenzy.net/2024-buick-skylark-price/

Loren

65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 2024? Skylark
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 11:37:35 AM »
Build it in a GS model!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Buick back in the muscle car business? (Re: 2024? Skylark)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 12:22:50 PM »
Dear Loren, Jim, and mid-60s Buick caregiver who keep an eye on modern trends,

It does appear like the 2024 Skylark will go into production although information is definitely sketchy.  There are hints that Buick will also produce a GNX model.  Information on this car is even more vague.  I did find this YouTube however:

https://youtu.be/iAhNIA1_l9c

If either of these cars show up in Buick showrooms it certainly will be an amazing change of direction for the division.  However, it does seem clear that Buick was suffering once more from lack of customer interest, and GM really cannot afford Buick to die since it was the first car company that Durant purchased to create GM. 

These cars are definitely not my cup of tea, but it might be exactly what Buick needs to regain the public interest.

We shall see!

Edouard

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 03:37:53 PM »
Of the two, I prefer the styling of the GNX. I know the European angular style is in, but the Skylark is a street too far for me. The GNX feels about right. It would amaze me if either makes it into production! One can hope, however.  :thumbsup:

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 08:48:54 PM »
 That one looks like a Mako Shark Shelby GT 500 Australian Torino Camaro?.I wonder if ANY of it would be American built. The oldest American car label needs to be more American before I park one next to the 65. It definitely has some character but if my dollars are all exported I may as well face the reality that my neighbor could use a job that pays better than fast food. These newer cars are all priced out of the ballpark for working people and the inflation argument no longer holds any water when you see the actual shelf-life of the product?.Ours were a few thousand in 1965 and still in the garage in 2023?.These will be 20x the price and recycled in six years or 189K miles whichever is faster. The maintenance and repairs will literally total a decent looking car these days once the miles are used up. Sorry but 2+2 still equals 4 and we should just start looking at this stuff like a 20 year old would have looked at a 65 GS in 1965?they were not necessarily affordable to everyone but they did not cost as much as a small house either??Not a bad looking car but Buick should be making a Special that is built here and is part gas/hybrid and engineered for reliability and long lasting value and durability. They could even make it into a profitable American company that also builds gran sports,GNX,and other  luxurious cars for global elitists
so some of that dough stays in our economy. Who knows ?we may even be able to employ some people who understand a profit is better than a deficit.