Author Topic: SBB 350/TH 350 Combo  (Read 170 times)

Offline markrieb

• Buick Fan
SBB 350/TH 350 Combo
« on: April 28, 2023, 09:53:30 PM »
Buick 350/TH350 combo

Would prefer to sell this as a complete swap kit.

This was installed by a previous owner in my 65 Skylark and supposedly both the engine and trans were rebuilt prior to installation. I do know that it has the oil pump fix. Starts easily even after sitting a few weeks at a time and runs like you?d expect a 70?s low compression smog motor to run. The block numbers have it as a 1972 engine. Can send a video for a cold start and gauge readings. Even idling on a 100-degree day, the oil pressure stays above 30 psi.

This is a complete engine from dual snorkel air cleaner to oil pan and accessories to transmission tail shaft. I will also include a good radiator and shroud that keeps the engine below 200 even on a 105-degree day idling around on a cruise for a couple of hours. I will also include the block side and frame side motor mounts.

The only two issues I?ve experienced over the last 5 years: It does get an occasional lifter tap that comes and goes. Keeping good/fresh oil in it seems to keep it at bay. The second is that the Q-Jet is starting to show some issues from E10/alcohol blend fuel and not being driven every day so could use a cleaning and rebuild to be perfect.

If nobody wants the complete mass of parts within a few weeks, I?ll consider splitting it up.

Parts List:

Complete running 1972 Buick 350 engine, dual snorkel air cleaner to oil pan, HEI ignition and exhaust manifolds

Power Steering pump, Alternator, water pump, brackets, and belts

BOP TH350 and torque converter with speedo converter

Radiator, flex fan and shroud

Motor mounts, both block side and frame side

If you aren?t in a huge hurry, I can deliver for a fee in the rough circle of: Seattle, Portland, Bend, Boise, Spokane. Shipping could maybe be made through Fastenal counter-to-counter but it would take me some time to source a pallet/box, drain fluids, block and brace, etc. and I?m not sure how expensive that would be.

Possible trades could include: 1965 Skylark right rear fender/quarter; center console/shifter (doesn?t have to be a 64-65 console)

$2,000 OBO for everything listed. Might have a few other small parts I could throw in, let me know what you need. Additional photos and a short cold start video available on request

Offline markrieb

• Buick Fan
Re: SBB 350/TH 350 Combo
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 04:16:14 PM »
If the price is too high, what is a fair price?

I'd really like to clear this out of my work space.