Author Topic: Windlace  (Read 695 times)

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Windlace
« on: November 30, 2022, 09:19:36 AM »
Has anyone found a source for wind-lace that is remotely close to the 65 wind lace in design!?

Offline gs spoken here

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Windlace
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:22:42 AM »
Someone was using windlace from CJ ponyparts, I bought some and it is kinda OK, best I could fine.

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »
Ames ponitac would think gto would use the same windlace size would be the same.jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 05:26:02 PM »
 I was curious if GTO would work. I finally found some nice used pieces after buying a few repops that were not even close. I may have some used pieces left depending on color. The original white was never as white as the panels and all of the repops I tried were too small in diameter or thickness.

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 03:07:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys! Can’t seem to find anything even close! Our windlace is vinyl over a core and the repos I have seen are molded or extruded! I might have a line on some nice soft original ones of course in the wrong color but could be dyed! These are for a buddy of mine he is looking for red, doesn’t need much as his car is a convertible!

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »
 I looked through what I had here and there is no red. Has anyone compared the olds windlace? I know it was frustrating buying a few that were just good for the wood stove. I think the hardtops used the same windlace around the rear window. Technically the pieces used in the jambs can just be cut to length because the ends are covered by other trim.

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 02:34:52 PM »
Thanks for looking! The hardtop is the best choice to find windlace as the pieces are the longest and can be cut down! Convertible models use the least amount of material! Still hard to find!