Author Topic: Guess who I talked to today!!??  (Read 123 times)

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Guess who I talked to today!!??
« on: June 23, 2022, 03:22:28 AM »
Even though yesterday was one of the on the most unpleasant days I have had there was a bright spot to go with! I got to talk to daughter of the original owner of my hardtop 4 speed car! She has great memories of the car and even drove it and raced it and beat some guys! So my car has the protect o plate with it! My car came from Gilbert Auto and implement in Buffalo MN ! They Sold Studabakers, tractors and Buicks! At the time the owner lived on Lake Pulaski The town and area were much smaller but we’re talking 57 years!

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Guess who I talked to today!!??
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 09:12:23 AM »
That is cool !   Not often you get a chance to talk with a cars original owner .  It really is cool as it sometimes brings us back to part of our past that we often forget about . Some of my most memorable times involve being around cars ,  OH WAIT for me thats was almost all the time .
I wish I had the know how and or resources on how to track down a cars owner/owners . I bet that could prove to very interesting in a lot of cases .
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 09:28:11 AM »
Jon

Like you I find it a lot of fun talking to my car’s previous car owners.

I am only the third owner of my current 65 GS and have had extensive conversation with both of them.

Of it was easy when the last owner was none other than our own John E.

Milton

65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing! (Re: Guess who I talked to today!!??)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 02:10:04 PM »
Thanks Jon for sharing!

Indeed finding previous owners is getting difficult.  Congratulations on your success!  :thumbsup:

Cheers, Edouard

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 08:47:29 PM »
 I was lucky to have purchased my 65 GS Convertible from the original owner back in 1990. The Woman's name was Anne and she was given the GS as a High School graduation present back in 65, And kept all of those years. She just could not part with it and was saving it in the garage for her children. When her only son was old enough to drive he was not interested in the old Buick and rather sit home and read a book. So the GS sat in the rear of the garage collecting dust. A friend of mine in the ROA went to College with Anne and gave her a call for me and about a month later I received a call from Anne asking If I was interested. A week later I took the trip to Saratoga Springs NY to see the Buick. And a week after that  I hired a flatbed and we went upstate to pick it up. I paid her and she gave me the signed registration, then got all emotional. At that point I told the driver to get it loaded before she had second thoughts and cancelled the sale. But she was good about it, we said our goodbyes and pulled away. I kept in touch with her for many years during the restoration.

Tony  :thumbsup:
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
thanks for sharing Tony! (Re: Guess who I talked to today!!??)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »
Dear Tony and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

I was lucky to have purchased my 65 GS Convertible from the original owner back in 1990. The Woman's name was Anne and she was given the GS as a High School graduation present back in 65, . . . . .

Wow!  That was some graduation present!

I paid her and she gave me the signed registration, then got all emotional. At that point I told the driver to get it loaded before she had second thoughts and cancelled the sale. But she was good about it, we said our goodbyes and pulled away. I kept in touch with her for many years during the restoration.

Thanks for sharing Tony!  That was about as happy an ending as anyone could have hoped for!

Cheers, Edouard