Author Topic: Release dates  (Read 78 times)

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
Release dates
« on: May 08, 2022, 09:11:07 PM »
Hi ,if 65 gs were mid year production what date were they  on sale.and then when did the gran sport  emblem change?.Jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Release dates
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 09:48:52 PM »
The press release date for the gs was the second week of December I believe , so I they where a mid production or a 65 1/2 as described! The first public production models were built the second week of January of 1965. So I'm thinking end of January at dealers !? My convertible is a Flint built second week of January (small badge) , My hardtop is a second week of February Kansas City built ( small badge), My post is a second week of March Kansas City built (block style)! Generally the cars built before March should have a small badge! There is new info that supports this in the Walker by the numbers book! But there are some late cars with small bagdes! A explanation for this is think about a line work who's job it is to put badges on the grille! Say they run low on badges ,a logistic material handler brings a new batch of the block style and puts them in the bin on top of what's left, which is small badges! Yes the small badges are supposed to be used first! But I would say that the average line worker is not going to dig to the bottom of the bin!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 09:53:37 PM by gssizzler »