Author Topic: Ac brakets  (Read 235 times)

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
Ac brakets
« on: April 10, 2022, 03:41:10 PM »
Hi ,looking for the  front two ac hose brackets that go to the radiator core support.jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Ac brakets
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »
Jim, best place to find these is on a 65-66 Wildcat as they use the same bracket! But they only use one so they will have to come from two cars! Hope this helps! I don’t currently have any extras! I use to have several extras!

Offline 65GSConv

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 08:28:08 PM »
I think the 65-66 Electra / Electra 225 / LaSabre also had one of these brackets on AC cars. I was out at CL Chase Salvage in Camp Douglas WI a few years ago, just looking around. Many of the big Buicks of these years seemed to have AC in his yard, and these brackets were on them - I'm pretty sure they weren't all Wildcats (could be wrong, maybe there were a lot of them in the yard). I was more looking for Skylarks at the time.

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 09:25:46 PM »
Hi,and I scrapped a 65&66  electras a couple of years ago.jim
66 lesabre,68 Electra, 42special streetrod, multiple, chevs, 69 chevelle ss,67 skylark conv, 65 skylark ht,68 el Camino  and more , 65 skylarkgs

Offline Jim

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 08:55:27 AM »
Still looking .Jim

Offline 65GSConv

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »
Jim, I want to provide a picture, but I can't seem to post it on this forum. Used to be able to. The pic is 2,746 KB in size, below the 4,000 KB max. for a single attachment. Still the site just locks up on me. Have I lost my privilege to post replies and/or pictures?

Edit:  I see the picture finally posted.

The picture is from 2019 trip to CL Chase salvage yard. There were several Electra's and Wildcat's there that have AC. I'm sure at least 2 of these brackets could be pulled from there. I likely won't be back there until at least next year, but if you don't have what you want by then, I could add them to the list to pick up. Hopefully you will get what you want sooner though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:44:31 PM by 65GSConv »

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
I believe, unlike what's shown in the picture from the manual, the two brackets are not the same.  There is a right and a left.

The attached picture with the rusty brackets is from a parts car with factory A/C.  Note the different configurations.  Also, a picture of the engine bay of my restoration with the brackets assembled in the same way.  And that's the way they fit best.

I suppose it's possible that different plants assembled them differently or that the line workers weren't very meticulous in how they installed them. 

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline 65GSConv

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 06:41:43 PM »
Very interesting. Here are some additional pics of 65 GS's w/AC, regarding the tubing brackets. These at least seem to support that both brackets were the same. So that makes one wonder if different plants had different parts involving these particular brackets to use?

Offline 65GSConv

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 06:59:05 PM »
And is this Chassis Parts Illustration for the Skylark Gran Sport, it shows the brackets being the same hand (as Chuck stated) and, in looking a view B, it also calls out 2 brackets having the same part number. I'm kind of thinking both versions were correct - depending on where the cars were built, maybe when, and what brackets were available at that facility.

Also, from the same reference, the LaSabre, Wildcat and Electra used the same part number for the bracket, clamp and insulator. So at least from this source, LaSabre's, Wildcat's and Electra's are sources for the same part (unless opposite hand brackets are understood to the the only version correct for the 65 GS).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:10:41 PM by 65GSConv »