Author Topic: Thank you Tony, Loren, and 65GS.com gang!  (Read 475 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thank you Tony, Loren, and 65GS.com gang!
« on: March 05, 2022, 11:42:38 AM »
Dear 65GS.com faithful,

Yesterday afternoon the mailman came with to the door with an usually large box.  Since nobody in this household is particularly mobile, we get a lot of deliveries - so nothing unusual about that.  When I finally went out to discover out what is was - what a big surprise!

The box has a from address from 65GS.com - how strange is that?  :icon_scratch: 

With care I opened the box to find a lovely get well card :love4: and a box of of automotive-related books to keep me busy while I continue to heal.  :hello2:

Thank you! Tony for thinking about me as you reorganize your car care workspace and thank you! Loren and everyone here for being so supportive as I go through my own "restoration!"

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Thank you Tony, Loren, and 65GS.com gang!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 05:11:00 PM »
  Hi Edouard, I thought that it would be a big surprise, and it was! The books I selected for you are not just Automotive picture books, but are stories about overcoming obstacles that our early automotive pioneers faced crossing our vast country or financial obstacles that Ford, Durant, Winton and others faced in the board rooms with shareholders. Enjoy the rich automotive history of our country as you recuperate from your surgeries.   :thumbsup: 

And Please, We are all but a mouse click away !

65GS.com
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Very thoughtful indeed! (Re: Thank you Tony and gang!)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 11:22:21 AM »
Dear Tony and 65GS.com faithful,

Hi Edouard, I thought that it would be a big surprise, and it was! The books I selected for you are not just Automotive picture books, but are stories about overcoming obstacles that our early automotive pioneers faced crossing our vast country or financial obstacles that Ford, Durant, Winton and others faced in the board rooms with shareholders. Enjoy the rich automotive history of our country as you recuperate from your surgeries.

Thanks again!  Yes, it is true that the automotive industry overcame incredible odds and we owe those folks a huge debt of gratitude.  I hadn't thought about it that way.  There are few things that shake up your sense of self like facial surgery - I need all the inspiration I can get!

Thanks again,

Edouard