Author Topic: Discounts from GM Club Apparel.  (Read 81 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Discounts from GM Club Apparel.
« on: November 12, 2021, 05:16:38 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers who have presents to buy,

GM Club Apparel, the folks who make items with the Buick Club of America logo, have some holiday discounts.  You can view them at this promotional link:

https://nar.soundestlink.com/view/618e7fc9eef08a001cae4d03/5cd5c877832bdc7000fc12a3?signature=a6ddf25b134e65d3fc3739dcb33dfa0a2c56dd8cc8787b41780374982515a716

I decided to make a custom photo tote bag featuring my sister's car as a present for her.  Her car is a modern daily driver, but girls have this thing about tote bags, and I'm sure she will like it.

There are many choices for this sort of product.  Still, if you can manage to patronize this outfit, I think it ultimately helps out the Buick Club of America and is a way to express our love of cars to those on our shopping list.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

P.S. All the items at GM Club Apparel are customized before sending.  It is currently taking them 10-12 days to make a given item.  So if you want to purchase something for Christmas, give them plenty of time to avoid disappointment.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Personalized service! (Re: Discounts from GM Club Apparel.)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 12:49:40 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers who have presents to buy,

As some of you might have learned the hard way, manipulating digital images can be a fickle business.  I decided to add some text to the photo of my sister's car and when I rendered the photo and text, I inadvertently created a very large file - 88 Megabytes!  When I uploaded this image for the tote bag I ordered from GM Club Apparel, it didn't display correctly.

As a precaution, I sent an email to their customer service to make sure they had a usable image.  To my surprise and delight, I got an email from none-other than the owner: Dave Leash!  He gave me instructions on how to resize the image which were easy for me to follow.  By Saturday afternoon I had another email from Dave confirming that he had an image he could use for the tote bag.

If I had ordered the same thing from a big company like CVS, odds are I would have received a tote bag with a corrupted image and I would have had to start over.  GM Club Apparel is clearly a small outfit with an owner who is working extra hours to please his customers.  This is the sort of outfit I prefer to patronize when I have a choice.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: