Author Topic: Talkin' Buicks in Green Bay  (Read 326 times)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Talkin' Buicks in Green Bay
« on: July 12, 2021, 09:28:33 PM »
Posting on behalf of Dan Ankeney who hosted an informal get together from our group in Green Bay today.  Attendees included Loren and Roxy Alexander, Kevin and Angie Champagne, Jim Moldachel, Mark Ascher and Jon Thompson.  I understand the event included swapping of some parts, discussion of 65 GS car and parts prices and values and general camaraderie while solving the world's problems.  With Dan moving soon, it was a great opportunity for an impromptu get together that I'm sure was enjoyed by all.  Wish I could have attended but appointments kept me at home.

So who will host the next casual, impromptu meet up?  With so many great relationships among this group, we encourage you to get together with those in your region to share in fellowship and GS discussions.  But remember, post pictures or it didn't happen!!  :hello2:

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Talkin' Buicks in Green Bay
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 02:54:17 AM »
Yes very nice to see everyone! And meet Kevin and Angie ! Good to see Dan's toys and toy box before he flees to Sunny warm Florida! There was talk of the group trying to maybe getting together at the GS nationals next year!? As there are some of us who have not experienced this Buick mecca! And some of us who haven't been down in a few years! Good times! Good friends! = Good for the soul!

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 06:39:27 AM »
Thanks to everyone who came ! Absolutely a wonderful time. Very nice getting together with long time friends and solving the world’s problems and maybe discussing cars and parts a bit also. Kevin was the instigator as he was coming to Wisconsin to pick up some seats I had and see some other friends while here. So invitations went out and all who could attended.

It should be mentioned that this was not merely a local gathering. Jon Thompson drove three hours to get here and he was the closest ! Mark drove four hours, Jim drove six hours and Loren and Roxy drove ten hours. Thanks again to all who came. It was a pleasure seeing you all again and your efforts are very much appreciated.

One final thanks to Kevin and Angie for helping me get all those car parts from my basement to the ‘toy box’.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:46:39 AM »
It was good to see everyone and visit! Thank you for the lunch too Dan and the Mopar brake parts! The barn and cars look great!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Good to see! (Re: Talkin' Buicks in Green Bay)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 01:42:28 PM »
Thanks Dan for hosting this and Chuck for posting the pictures! 

Glad to hear that a good time was had a by all!   :sunny:

. . . . Although there was at least one "spoiler" present.  So what was that vehicle from Bavaria in the second picture doing at a Buick reunion? . . . . . . 

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 05:52:51 PM »
I would love to see one of these types of gatherings on the west side of the country. In fact, if there was enough interest, I'd be happy to host it. My father-in-law has a "man cave" in the city of Pomona, CA, that would be perfect for something like this. So, if any interest, holler and we'll have a west coast version. (Or, during the winter, when it's negative who knows what in the Mid West, come on out to sunny So Cal to enjoy our weather, not our politics!!).

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 08:24:00 AM »
I would love to see one of these types of gatherings on the west side of the country. In fact, if there was enough interest, I'd be happy to host it. My father-in-law has a "man cave" in the city of Pomona, CA, that would be perfect for something like this. So, if any interest, holler and we'll have a west coast version. (Or, during the winter, when it's negative who knows what in the Mid West, come on out to sunny So Cal to enjoy our weather, not our politics!!).

Keith

Announce it and they will come. lol
 It would be really fantastic to see it happen on both ends of the country. 

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division