Author Topic: Interior Parts  (Read 272 times)

Offline seanrobison65

• Crazy about Buick!
Interior Parts
« on: June 25, 2021, 06:27:27 AM »
Hello gentlemen!
I have reached the point on the restoration of my beloved '65 coupe where it's time to start the interior. As I was dragging parts out of storage, I realized that some of the stuff was not in quite as good shape as I remembered. If someone has some or all of the stuff below, I would be interested in taking it off your hands:

1. Driver rear armrest panel - The aftermarket offers these for a convertible, but I can't find anything for a coupe. If somebody knows of a source, please share, otherwise I'm in need of a serviceable original. I don't mind some surface rust; I can always clean it up and treat it with POR-15. Mine is completely rusted through in several places and looks to be beyond repair.

2. Passenger rear door panel sheet metal - Similar story as above. It's weird that the armrest panel rotted on one side and the door panel sheet metal went away on the other side. Their respective companion pieces are pretty good and should clean up nicely. Anyway, I would be willing to buy the whole door panel if you don't want to take it apart, or if you have a panel that's torn up or missing the trim, I'll take the sheet metal part.

3. Instrument panel clips - Dan posted recently looking for these, but I'll take a chance and ask anyway. I need all four, since the chrome shop lost mine (it was really my bad for forgetting to take them off). I found a couple of speedometer bezels on eBay that have the clips, but the cheapskate in me struggles with paying 140 bucks for four little clips!

I attached pics of the parts, in case my descriptions are lacking. Thanks in advance, guys!
Sean

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: Interior Parts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 12:14:03 PM »
Sean, I have both sides. Will send an email. No clips though.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline telriv

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 03:26:37 PM »
Sean,

Those clips should be available at just about any good hardware store or automotive paint supplier. It may not look exactly the same but it should work & maybe with a little ingenuity should be able to take care of the problem & less costly than buying a dash for rediculious money for only 4 clips.

Just my thoughts.

Tom T.
Classic & Muscle Automotive
C/O Tom Telesco
12 Cook St.
Norwalk, Ct. 06853-1601
Daytime phone:
203-324-6045
No answer: leave message, will call back
E-Mail: telriv@yahoo.com

Offline 197064buickspec

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 05:28:42 PM »
Those dash clips are for 1964 Skylark/ Special. And some 1965 Specials that didn't have the top dash pad only a surround. 

Offline seanrobison65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 06:44:29 PM »
First, let me say thanks to Dan for his help!

Regarding the dash clips - could it be that I don't need them? I saw some other posts on the site and assumed that I left them on the dash bezels and the chrome shop lost them. I thought it was strange that none of the other 900(ish) dash bezels I have laying around had the clips either... All of the cars that I have harvested parts from have been '65's, so if the clips are exclusive to '64 and cars without dash pads, that would explain it.
Sean

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 07:26:00 PM »
As I recall and as 197064buickspec stated, I've seen those only on the '64s and also '65 Special dashes. I haven't seen them on '65  Skylark with the full length dash pad

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 08:02:32 PM »
I keep being amazed at how they did stuff back then!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline seanrobison65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 09:03:08 PM »
I'm gonna consider that to be good news! Thanks for the knowledge, 197064buickspec and Loren!
Sean

Offline mrbuick65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 06:24:30 PM »
Hello Sean. Did you ever find the rear armrest. I have one from a 67. I'm 99 % it is the same. Has rust. Solid. Would need a good wire brushing. If you are interested you can post here or email to mrbuick65@outlook.com
Thanks, John