Author Topic: My restored AFB  (Read 444 times)

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
My restored AFB
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:47:49 PM »
My 3922 came in today after being restored by Vintage Musclecar Parts. Having the carb restored was probably a bit excessive, considering I am building a Bucamino, but I am trying to make as close as possible to what it would have been if built by Buick in 1965. my next question is going to be chrome valve covers it came with, or finned aluminum which I also have. I kind of like the chrome as it is different, but then I need a chrome air cleaner for an AFB, decisions, decisions......
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 two door post (parts?)
65 Special wagon

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: My restored AFB
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 09:49:23 AM »
I have some chrome air cleaners if you decide to go that route. It sounds like you have both styles of valve covers already but I probably have some of those too. Your carb turned out great!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing! (Re: My restored AFB)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 01:41:08 PM »
Dear Kurt, Jim, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Thanks for sharing the photos of your restored carburetor! 

My 3922 came in today after being restored by Vintage Musclecar Parts. Having the carb restored was probably a bit excessive, considering I am building a Bucamino, but I am trying to make as close as possible to what it would have been if built by Buick in 1965. my next question is going to be chrome valve covers it came with, or finned aluminum which I also have. I kind of like the chrome as it is different, but then I need a chrome air cleaner for an AFB, decisions, decisions......

There is much to be said for either perspective.  Some folks really prefer an absolutely stock look.  But there is no doubt that chrome really makes an engine bay sparkle.  Given that your car will be basically one of a kind, the one person you really need to please is - you!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline red65gs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing! Looks beautiful. Might have to send mine there as well.
Don
Central KY
BCA 51221

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »
That looks very nice ! And it will help the car run right!