Author Topic: New Roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques, purchased thru Jegs.  (Read 812 times)

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
New Roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques, purchased thru Jegs.
« on: March 14, 2021, 06:48:00 PM »
  Hi Kevin (rollaround) and everyone. My new Wheel Vintiques 14 X 6 Roadwheels that I ordered thru Jegs last August ( that's right Last August ) have finally made there way to Ohio then Long Island. I opened the boxes today and they all looked great. The chrome is nice and clear with no fading, scratches, or chips. On the back the welds are uniform with no spatter or discoloration and the finish is uniform with no bare spots.
   My local autobody paint supply no longer carries Dupli-Color paints, so Friday I called Summit Racing and ordered Dupli-Color wheel paint 102 Graphite for the wheel centers and VHT high temp engine enamel 997 cast iron to freshen up the brake drums before the new wheels go on. The Summit order came in this morning. When I ordered the wheels last August I also ordered a full set of 5 Cooper Cobra Radial GT P215/70R14 tires. So they are waiting to go on the rims too. As soon as we get a warm day with no wind I can start detailing the rims. Last year marked 30 years owning my GS convertible, Plenty of fond memories and plenty more to come  :thumbsup:

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline 65GSConv

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: New Roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques, purchased thru Jegs.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 07:02:51 PM »
Post a few pic of your wheels as you got them!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Glad you like them! (Re: New Roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 01:08:29 PM »
Dear Tony, 65GSConv, mid-60s Buick caregivers,

. . . My new Wheel Vintiques 14 X 6 Roadwheels that I ordered thru Jegs last August ( that's right Last August ) have finally made there way to Ohio then Long Island. I opened the boxes today and they all looked great. The chrome is nice and clear with no fading, scratches, or chips. On the back the welds are uniform with no spatter or discoloration and the finish is uniform with no bare spots.

Glad to hear that you like the Wheel Vintique reproductions!  I've always felt that they are a very nice way to dress up your car!

. . . . Last year marked 30 years owning my GS convertible, Plenty of fond memories and plenty more to come  :thumbsup:

That's the spirit!   :sunny:

Cheers Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 04:58:03 PM »
Pictures Tony, we want pictures. 
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 09:28:47 PM »
 I will post photos tomorrow.... Tony :icon_thumright:
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 01:32:36 PM »
 Photos of 14 X 6 rims

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 01:40:57 PM »
  The photos will not post , says that the file is too big. I tried sending them one at a time and it is still to big ?????  :help:

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Camera or phone? (Re: New Roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques)
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 04:45:29 PM »
Dear Tony and mid-60s Buick caregivers who get tripped up by pesky technology,

The photos will not post , says that the file is too big. I tried sending them one at a time and it is still to big ?????  :help:

How did you take the photos?  Did you use a digital camera or a smart phone?  Either way the problem is exactly as reported.  The photos are too high-quality and exceed the upload limit to the forum.  You will need to resize them so that they can fit.  This can be done either with an application that runs on a computer or smart phone, or there are some online websites that will do this for you.  Let us know how you took the pictures and hopefully we can make some suggestions.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »
   Hi Edouard, I took the photos with my phone (smarter than me phone) and James (my son) tried to post them. and the rest of the story you know. If I take the photos with a digital camera would that solve the problem ?? If not then if anyone wants photos they can send me a PM with there email address and I will send it that way.
   Looks like the weather will be good this weekend, If so I will try to get the rims painted and get the tires mounted next week so I can get the GS ready for the up-coming warm weather. 
   Major setback yesterday, I've been waiting 7 months to get the Red GS in for paint. I called the owner of the shop yesterday and he could not tell me when or if the GS would be getting painted anytime soon. So I told him I would be looking for another shop for my bodywork/paint needs !!! Thankfully Robert V of this site is also a member of my BCA Chapter, I gave him a call last night to ask him about the shop that did great bodywork/paint on his 65 Skylark. I took his advice and gave the owner a call this afternoon and texted photos of the red GS. If all goes well It will be on a flatbed to his shop real soon, If not I go to plan D.
   All of us sharing information, It's great.  :thumbsup:
  Tony

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 09:07:03 PM »
Tony, my car has been waiting almost a year to get in to the body shop. Seems like this happens a lot. Good luck!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Email to yourself? (Re: New Roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques)
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 01:23:24 PM »
Dear Tony, Jim, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Hi Edouard, I took the photos with my phone (smarter than me phone) and James (my son) tried to post them. and the rest of the story you know. If I take the photos with a digital camera would that solve the problem ?? If not then if anyone wants photos they can send me a PM with there email address and I will send it that way.

Sorry that you ran into this problem.  Smart phones now have very good cameras.  Unfortunately, the image sizes are getting huge as a result.  I'm afraid you'll run into the same problem if you try to just email the images.  Email services also have limits on the size of attachments.

However, there is a trick that might work without sending the photos to anyone but yourself.  Here is a link to the trick:

https://osxdaily.com/2014/04/21/resize-photos-from-iphone-mail/

Since email services won't accept huge images, at least the iPhone operating system will shrink images for emailing.  I thought Android had the same feature.  Let us know if you or your son make some headway with this trick.

Major setback yesterday, I've been waiting 7 months to get the Red GS in for paint. I called the owner of the shop yesterday and he could not tell me when or if the GS would be getting painted anytime soon. So I told him I would be looking for another shop for my bodywork/paint needs !!! Thankfully Robert V of this site is also a member of my BCA Chapter, I gave him a call last night to ask him about the shop that did great bodywork/paint on his 65 Skylark. I took his advice and gave the owner a call this afternoon and texted photos of the red GS. If all goes well It will be on a flatbed to his shop real soon, If not I go to plan D.

Sorry about the setback, but indeed if you own a classic car you'll need lots and lots of patience! 

Hopefully you won't run out of alphabet when coming up with alternative plans!  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: