Author Topic: 2021 BCA National Meet - Cancelled  (Read 608 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
2021 BCA National Meet - Cancelled
« on: March 09, 2021, 03:25:50 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick caregivers,

I just received an email from the Buick Club of America announcing that the National Dual Meet has been cancelled.  Unfortunately, this probably should have been expected.  Other national meetings like the National Model Railroad Association meeting have also been cancelled.  As much as we all would prefer things to be otherwise, the COVID demon will most likely continue to be interfering with our lives well into the summer.

Oh well, . . . . . . Edouard

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: 2021 BCA National Meet - Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 05:28:43 PM »
The silver lining is this gives an additional year for restorations to progress and hopefully be completed.  I was definitely planning on having mine finished for Strongsville in July, but have to admit that it feels pretty good to have some pressure relieved!

It will be interesting to see if local events resume or go get cancelled as well....

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 08:43:51 PM »
Another bummer of a summer!? Ugh!  :crybaby2:

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 08:50:50 PM »
Another bummer of a summer!? Ugh!  :crybaby2:
Yeah kinda depends on who you talk to and what part of the country your in .
NONE of our races have been cancelled , South Dakota is wide open for business as is Florida .  :dontknow:
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »
My father in law and his car buddies attended their first large car show in a year this past weekend, at Lake Havasu in Arizona. I could see his grin all the way from where we are in Los Angeles, and talking to him after the meet, he was so happy to be back at car shows. Ironically, the Lake Havasu show was the last show he had attended before the lockdown, so almost exactly a year for him. Of course, he and most of the other attendees are already vaccinated, so have a bit more flexibility than my wife and I have, since we don't yet qualify for a shot, so we're still staying away from most other people. Hopefully this summer will show some loosening of the restrictions, and we can get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »
So far the GS Nationals are still on. If they are I will be there!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 09:30:27 PM »
   Yes, I just got the chance to go thru my email and read the email from the BCA, Looks like the Covid monster is going to be with us another year. I was planning to go to Strongville this Summer , but that's out. Considering what some families are going thru, I understand.
   My Red GS has been waiting 7 months to get into the paint shop to get a coat of Flame Red. The owner of the shop contracted Covid and is still not well, I've been waiting but it looks like it's not going to happen and I will be looking for another shop this Spring. But on the bright side Jegs contacted me Monday to say that the new Buick roadwheels from Wheel Vintiques that I ordered Last July Finally came into Ohio on Monday and were sent out to me yesterday, should have them tomorrow.
   Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 10:49:32 PM »
Tony, could you please share your thoughts on the wheels when they arrive.
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 08:30:39 AM »
  Yes Kevin, If I get them today or tomorrow I will open the boxes over the weekend to inspect the wheels for any damage. And I will let you know what I think of the build quality and chrome finish. These wheels will be going on my White GS convertible along with a new set of Cooper tires.
   The wheels and tires that are on the GS now are going on another 65 GS that came up for sale here on Long Island last year. My friend Joe purchased it, The GS is silver hardtop with black interior and stock steel wheels with crazy cheap aftermarket wheel covers and tires that don't match. So my donation will be a great improvement ....

Tony  :thumbsup:
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317