Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1198 times)

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:11 PM »
Welcome Len ,  Nice car ya have there .  This is great group of guys here with a wealth of knowledge on these cars . hopefully some day we can enjoy some car gatherings again and meet in person .
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline 65401

• Buick Fan
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 10:46:00 AM »
WOW! Thanks for all the nice comments and welcoming. It's such a nice sight to see a 65 GS dedicated forum. It's difficult to find parts for the 65 Skylarks particularly the GS version. These cars are not the typical (everybody has one) "bellybutton" cars that can almost be built entirely with aftermarket parts i.e. Camero's, GTO's etc. With all that being said I have one question then I'm going to shift gears to the appropriate forums.
I noticed the dipstick seal on my S/T transmission is almost hard as oak and can easily chip or break. Anybody have any information as to where I can get a new seal or at least one that is pliable enough to seal the tube? I don't want any dried out rubber getting down into the transmission. Once again thanks for all the nice comments and I'm looking forward to see and discuss my favorite my favorite GM badge.

Best to all,
Len