Author Topic: Floor Shift Automatic Console Lights  (Read 668 times)

Offline seanrobison65

• Crazy about Buick!
Floor Shift Automatic Console Lights
« on: November 20, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »
Good evening, gentlemen!

It?s finally Fall, & the weather is cool enough in Texas to get back outside & turn a wrench!

I?m at the point in my build to start working on the floor shift center console conversion. I?m doing pretty good so far, but I?ve hit a little snag: the console I picked up many years ago didn?t come with a wiring harness. I ordered a new harness from Lectric Limited, & I expected them to be able to answer this question: what are the bulb types that are used for the tach, gear indicator & rear courtesy light? I?m converting all the lights to LED?s, but I need to know the original bulb types to place the right order from superbrightleds.com.

I called Lectric Limited & asked them, but they said they didn?t know. I?m a bit troubled by that, since one would think they?d have access to basic information like that if they?re building a reproduction harness! Anyway, there?s no mention of console bulbs in my ?65 service manual, either, so that brings me here. Does anyone know the bulb types for those 3 locations?

I appreciate y?all?s help, & I apologize for the amateur-hour question!
Sean

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Floor Shift Automatic Console Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:38:50 AM »
No apologies needed! The three I'm coming up with are #53 tach/ trishield block out,#90 for rear courtesy lamp, #1893 for shift indicator!? Can anyone also verify these! I also need them for my convertible gs!?

Offline seanrobison65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 10:09:04 AM »
Thanks very much for the info!!
Sean

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »
Here's info from the 65 Chassis Manual.  I don't see that it shows a bulb for the tach light though....

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
And here's a database I put together when searching for LEDs to replace the incandescents.  No tach light; I decided not to use it...

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline seanrobison65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »
Thank you, Chuck! I saved your database for future reference!
Sean