Author Topic: For Sale - Testing the waters  (Read 927 times)

Offline freddie.zee65

• Crazy about Buick!
For Sale - Testing the waters
« on: January 15, 2020, 08:42:33 AM »
Hello, This is FreddieZee. I have come to the  conclusion that I am not going to be able to finish all my projects in my lifetime.  Appears that my 65 GS has to be sacrificed. (has break in millage only) The car should be considered a resto mod and isn't far from completion. Partial list of what is here (detailed list on request) Pretty nice 2 door hardtop, Astro Blue, Black interior. All parts are new 425 Riviera Nailhead, rebuilt and runs great, Tremec TkO 600 5-speed, Bendtsten flywheel and clutch and bell housing, DeWitt Alum Radiator, New 323 posi rear end, Tanks fuel tank with pump, March complete pulley system, rebuilt steering box-0 miles,Cpp front and rear tubular control arms, Viking coil overs, Flaming River tilt Column, Red Line custom dash and gauges, Great working Vintage Air, Wiring installed,  Rechromed tail Lites, Power windows and tinted glass (new)Pro Car front seat, New interior from OPGI, G-force trans X-mem, Powder coated frame, Right stuff disc brakes, Car is completely plumbed for brakes and fuel(all work fine), Edelbrock Dual Quads, new weatherstrips, Magnaflow exhaust,   Reminder that this car and parts are all new. I have extra grilles, headlight doors, a fender or 2, and misc. other parts. So what does the car need to be complete? Bumper re chrome (I have several Cores) It needs someone with a little talent or knows someone that does. Needs a headliner, needs rear seat springs upholstered (need upholstered to match front seats. Again, keep in mind that all parts invested in are new and top line. I am north of $45K in this project. ( I know over the top) I am quite willing to sacrifice and take my lumps.I would prefer that someone take the whole lot, but if I have to part it it's possible. Maybe a couple of friends on this forum would like to partner on this car. I can send pics on request. Just leave me your e-mail. I don't text. My phone # is 815 979-8777 days. I am dead serious about selling this car to make my family somewhat whole and I will sacrifice.

Thanks for looking, Fred Zwiger  e-mail: freddie.zee65@gmail.com  I am in Rockford, Illinois not far from Chicago and Milwaukee

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: For Sale - Testing the waters
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »
Sounds like a nice car for touring when finished. Good luck with sale.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:00:46 AM »
I have seeing this car in person and can attest to the professional workmanship! Fred was a professional paint/body man by trade! I would purchase this car myself and drive it proudly but I have three of them already!
Best of luck with the sale!

Offline freddie.zee65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 07:29:42 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Anyone know of a good site I can list this on for maximum exposure? At this point I would be willing to cut my price by about half. The complete rolling chassis alone is worth around $25,000

Thanks,
Fred Z.

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »
You can post on carsonline.com for $50 and it stays on there until it is sold. I used it several times and got a lot of response. These cars are getting very hard to find in decent shape and a lot of pics are worth pages of words that usually just annoy potential buyers. In fact,when we look for a specific car or project anymore it is usually rarely offered by the actual owner because all the sellers are brokering or advertising at a commission and know little to nothing about what they are selling. It sounds like you have put a lot into it,so don?t be in a rush to give it away. There are a lot of misconceptions as to what it takes to have a nice car completed and it is costing more every year.

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:58:02 PM »
eBay listings are not that expensive. Good advertising if nothing else. My suggestion is only list it once. People who list the cars repeatedly seem to make potential buyers think something is wrong with the car.

Agree with schlepcar that the car could be worth more than the $25,000. If listing on eBay make it a reserve auction with a higher reserve. You can always come down in price.

Also, please send me pictures. Have PM’d and emailed you requesting them.

Good luck with the sale.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »
Thanks for the pictures. Nice talking with you. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Dan

Offline Buicknut65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 08:53:24 PM »
Very cool car I love the colors if closer or done I'd have been in trouble .

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 08:35:44 AM »
Fred has done nice work on this car, would make a great touring car.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline freddie.zee65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »
Thanks to all who looked and for the kind words. The car sold to a fellow in Rock Island, Il.

Thanks again,
F.Z.