Author Topic: NOT MINE! 65 GS convertible $3000 driver!  (Read 847 times)

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: NOT MINE! 65 GS convertible $3000 driver!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 05:33:34 AM »
WOW! If thats ,for real, you couldnt get a plane ticket before it was gone!. Scroll to the bottom of the page... its like another craigslist!  Bill

just added... searched for local Buick Skylark Parts and found a few of my craigslist ads. Hmmm
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:32:53 AM by yachtsmanbill »
Nothing comes alive like a 455 !

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »
Probably a scam. They don?t even mention it is a stick car.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 08:24:59 AM »
That car has been for sale for a while. Not an original GS but a cloned Skylark. As I recall it had tired lacquer paint, cheap seat covers, etc. Still, if its really $3,000 its a bargain, especially with those options.

They don’t even give a contact. LOL Tried Craigslist and its not listed there.

Dan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:31:08 AM by dsags »
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »
Not even stick verified! At that age some cars were converted to auto's and left the 3rd pedal hang "retired in place".    Bill

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 02:04:25 PM »
That car has been for sale for a while. Not an original GS but a cloned Skylark. As I recall it had tired lacquer paint, cheap seat covers, etc. Still, if its really $3,000 its a bargain, especially with those options.

They don’t even give a contact. LOL Tried Craigslist and its not listed there.

Dan

I saw that too quite some time ago...I believe the car was in the 10K range, (probably realistic even if it were not original)but I think some of these sites steal ads and pics to get views. I know when you post a pic on fleabay it becomes a searchable item for the world. If anything it has helped to create mass confusion as to what "fits" what on their site. I am seeing more and more scams out there on some of the larger market sites. We are getting a grip slowly and the House just passed legislation to TRY to control robot scam incoming calls,but these criminals use a lot more energy to steal than they would if they just worked.

Offline Robin Cook

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Last call
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 12:02:39 PM »
So I queried that add and here’s what the response was! What do you think LOL

Hi,
My name is Lisa Carver and I am happy to see that you are interested in my 1965 Buick Skylark GS Sport. I would like to tell you that it is in perfect condition, never wrecked, clean and clear title. The price was reduced at $ 3,000 including shipping and handling costs. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this vehicle I don't need it so I'm trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that's why I'm selling it so cheap).
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
 Lisa Carver
Gotta get it done!

Offline BuickGS65

• Crazy about Buick!
  • 1965 Buick Enthusiast
    • REPRODUCTION LENSES & GASKETS
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 12:16:37 PM »
Scam scam scam

Proceed as you wish...
Dan
BuickGS65 at   gmail.com
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport ('66 Q-Jet, 2004r)
1965 Buick Skylark (300 4v, 2004r, family owned since '78)
1965 Buick Skylark (special order survivor)
REPRODUCTION '64 & '65 LENSES & GASKETS <-- click link</a

Offline BuickGS65

• Crazy about Buick!
  • 1965 Buick Enthusiast
    • REPRODUCTION LENSES & GASKETS
Dan
BuickGS65 at   gmail.com
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport ('66 Q-Jet, 2004r)
1965 Buick Skylark (300 4v, 2004r, family owned since '78)
1965 Buick Skylark (special order survivor)
REPRODUCTION '64 & '65 LENSES & GASKETS <-- click link</a

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »
Before I bought the BADLASS, I responded to an ad for a 1966 SS 396 Chevelle... A real red beauty. The "owner" was a gal in the army in Europe, and her husband was just killed in some mid-east action. The car was in storage in St. Louis in some Amazon.com storage facility and they would handle the whole transaction.

The days of honestly getting lucky on such a deal have come to a close. Now the bastards just want to grab you by your sympathy. Dont fall for it.  Bill

Offline Robin Cook

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Last call
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
Oh boy, it gets better! I pushed for a phone number and here was response, that’s the end of my fun today.
Not so far off from your tale Bill.

Hi again,
As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. The vehicle is already at the shipping company sealed in their warehouse in Mounds View, MN (ready for delivery). The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do tree about it. Using eBay Buyer Protection Program, you get free shipping. Shipping will take no more than 5 days (2 days to prepare the shipping and 3 days for the shipping depending on your location). In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. Along with the vehicle you will receive all necessary papers to register it into your name including the free clear title which is already back signed by me and notarized for the transfer. For more info on how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as I have some personal details. If you would like to receive the email from eBay with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name, address and phone # and they will contact you right away. If you want more details about the transaction before to go ahead please let me know.
Gotta get it done!

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 04:01:42 PM »
That?s a bunch of malarkey right there.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »
Hey Robin... almost verbatim! A few nouns changed here and there and they are on to the next vic... ah, er, buyer. Used to be if it sounds too good to be true, its', ah, now probably digital. Shame aint it?   Bill

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »
 When I sold our friends parts car I was getting emails from an eBay account that was no longer registered. I finally responded that they needed to call the number posted and then they started texting me rather than calling. Closed EBay account was from New York,texts were from California,and the so-called buyer was from Texas. He even texted me a pic of his drivers license with him holding it. I finally told him to go outside and send me another pic with him standing by the mailbox that was listed on his Veterans ID. That was the last I heard of him,and now I was attempting to find the guy who had his ID stolen(who actually was from Texas).
These guys are getting annoying and should be rounded up.

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »
Thats another scam with the ID's. Look at the ID pic and then look at his face shot. Thats an easy photoshop copy and paste. I get these weird calls from all over the country from canadian pharmacy. Definitely Achmed's sister today; hello? This is Ingrid. WHAT??? If I told ya what I say to these ragtops, I'd get banned from the entire INTERNET! Being polite doesnt work. Ive had a few come back at me with just as vile insinuations; we go back and forth, then I just hang up. That ol' camels pucker string was at its' yield!  Bill