Author Topic: Reproduction 65 Special Tail light Lens and Bezel 4 pc Gasket set now available.  (Read 82 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
   Just wanted to let all the owners of 65 Specials that James of Bestoffercounts.com in Sellersville PA is reproducing the 4 pc tail light gasket set for the 1965 Buick Special for $32.99 a set. I called him yesterday afternoon to order a set and thank him for taking the time to have this item reproduced. These items can be purchased thru Ebay or give James a call at 215-767-0845. He also sells other Buick parts too.  :thumbsup:

Tony

65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for posting! (Re: Reproduction 65 Special Tail light Lens)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 03:30:15 PM »
Dear Tony and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Just wanted to let all the owners of 65 Specials that James of Bestoffercounts.com in Sellersville PA is reproducing the 4 pc tail light gasket set for the 1965 Buick Special for $32.99 a set.
. . . .

I wasn't aware of this outfit so thanks for posting!  I've added it to my vast collection of Buick parts bookmarks!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
  Hi Edouard, It's always good news when we get a needed part reproduced for our Buick's. I've purchased several items from James and it's nice to deal with an owner operated business. You don't have to press 1 for assistance then wait on hold for 20 minutes, then hear a click and get disconnected !!!  :nono:  James has always been courteous & professional, In this crazy world that means a lot to me.
   I'm going to call James tomorrow and ask him if he could have the license plate light gasket reproduced for our Specials/Skylarks. I remember that you posted information on how to cut out a gasket from the unused portion of a gasket stamping. It was a great idea that I was going to try this winter, but lets see if he could have it mass produced.  :wave:
                                    Tony   
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
I did make a template. (Re: Reproduction 65 Special Tail light Lens)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »
Dear Tony and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

. . . .
   I'm going to call James tomorrow and ask him if he could have the license plate light gasket reproduced for our Specials/Skylarks. I remember that you posted information on how to cut out a gasket from the unused portion of a gasket stamping. It was a great idea that I was going to try this winter, but lets see if he could have it mass produced. 

I don't know if having a template would facilitate the process at all, but I did make one as part of my efforts.  It is attached to the original posting:

http://65gs.com/board/index.php/topic,1934.msg11152.html#msg11152

If that would help, I certainly could forward to James the file in any format I can convert it to!

Thanks for trying to see if this gasket could be mass produced!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: