Author Topic: New Stainless Tranny Lines ?  (Read 347 times)

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
New Stainless Tranny Lines ?
« on: July 04, 2019, 07:57:09 PM »
  Hi Everyone, Just finished changing the body bushings on my red GS resto project, the next step is to start to assemble the nose so maybe "just maybe" i can get this project completed and in a paint shop by the end of the year.... I have the GS on skates so i can move it around the garage since its a small garage and i try to maximize my working area. Well yesterday when i closed the garage door, the door caught one of the steel tranny lines and bent it !!  :sad1: I was able to bend it back but i guess it's time for new lines . I looked up Classic Tube and they have Stainless Tranny lines for $67.99 a set right now. Has anyone purchased and installed a set of these tranny lines ? just thought i would ask... I've used there rear stainless brake lines on my 3 A bodies with no trouble. any input would be appreciated..
Thanks,  Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: New Stainless Tranny Lines ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »
Consider going with AN6 blue silicone hose IN the frame rail... cut to fit and paint to match. Sooo easy to work with!   Bill

Nothing comes alive like a 455 !