Author Topic: '65 floorpan help  (Read 288 times)

Offline Rickesota

• Crazy about Buick!
'65 floorpan help
« on: June 27, 2019, 08:03:09 PM »
Hey everybody,

Life got in the way and I had to sell my '65 Skylark 2 door post. I held out as long as I could, but like they say - s&%t happens. At least I broke even on it!

The bright side is that the car went to a cool guy - a Marine who wanted something different. Anyway...turns out the floor is a little worse off than I had thought when I had the car and it does indeed need a new floor pan and rockers. I feel kinda crappy about it, but he didn't notice either until he pulled the front bench and carpeting once he got it home and started tinkering with it. Is there anybody here in MN that has good donor material for that or is he better off sourcing this through OPGI and such?

I told him about this group and how good of a source you all have been for advice, parts, and camaraderie.

Thanks for listening, and thanks to all of you for your help and advice. Once I sort some stuff out, I hope to be back in the game someday with another ride.

Warm regards,

Rick
'65 Skylark 225/ST300
working towards 350/Super T-10

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: '65 floorpan help
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 08:27:44 PM »
   Hi Rick, I would have him purchase the new parts from OPGI, I'm very happy with the way my floors came out. I ordered the separate sections as needed since my whole floor was not rotted. The new sections aligned perfectly with the existing pan, and welding it in was easy when using clecos or sheet metal screws... Tony  :thumbsup:
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline Rickesota

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »
Thanks for the input!!!
'65 Skylark 225/ST300
working towards 350/Super T-10

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »
I bought full length floor pans from Goodmark for my 65 and when completed they were beautiful and you couldnt tell they had been replaced.

before and after pics

Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »
 That looks nice! Which post car was that? The full repo floors have come along ways compared to the old crappie patch panels that where first made! Originals are getting very hard to find after all these cars are over 50 years old!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Could you point him our way? (Re: '65 floorpan help)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »
Dear Rick, Tony, Bob, Jon, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

Life got in the way and I had to sell my '65 Skylark 2 door post. I held out as long as I could, but like they say - s&%t happens. At least I broke even on it!

Sorry to hear that Rick but indeed life does get in the way sometimes.

The bright side is that the car went to a cool guy - a Marine who wanted something different.
. . . . .

Could you please give him a solid plug to join this forum?  We would certainly welcome him and he could probably use our advice!

Thanks, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »
That looks nice! Which post car was that? The full repo floors have come along ways compared to the old crappie patch panels that where first made! Originals are getting very hard to find after all these cars are over 50 years old!

that was a 65 special post car I bought out of Idaho. body and trunk were beautiful but the vinyl floor matt ruined the floor pans. the pictures show from time it was purchased to 13 months later.  I was a much more motivated guy back then.

Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel