Author Topic: Got my Buick Bugle today and there it was  (Read 120 times)

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
Got my Buick Bugle today and there it was
« on: March 01, 2019, 05:20:38 PM »
My bugle came today and as always I turn right to the classifieds  and there was the car I'm looking for a 1965 Wildcat Convertible with 88 k miles for 6500.00  :blob7: So I immediately call the guy as I'm hooking up the enclosed trailer to head out all to find out ITS SOLD . :crybaby2:
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Using the online addition? (Re: Got my Buick Bugle today)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 06:29:49 PM »
Dear John and mid-60s Buick "hunters" of the next Buick to save!  :love4:

My bugle came today and as always I turn right to the classifieds  and there was the car I'm looking for a 1965 Wildcat Convertible with 88 k miles for 6500.00  :blob7: So I immediately call the guy as I'm hooking up the enclosed trailer to head out all to find out ITS SOLD . :crybaby2:

Sorry to hear of your story.  I'm sure people put their cars in the Bugle hoping someone who loves Buicks will snag it.  The Buick Bugle is shipped book rate and that's a lot slower than First Class.  Depending on where you are in the country, it can take a week (think California.)

However, I got an email this morning with a link to an online version.  I didn't pay any attention, but that is of course delivered to every BCA member at the same time.  65GS.com members who really want to get a fighting chance at the cars advertised in the Bugle might make a point to looking through the ads using the online edition.  That might save enough time to make you that first crucial bidder.

Better luck next time John!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Got my Buick Bugle today and there it was
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:45:02 PM »
Sorry to hear that John.  Must be the right one hasn't come along yet.....the search continues!  :icon_thumright:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:51:44 PM »
I think they have a way to get it faster, maybe first class. That?s probably how someone beaypt you to it. There?s was also a factory dual quad intake in there for $250 + shipping that?s already long gone.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 09:07:00 AM »
   Hi John, Don't get discouraged your Wildcat is out there. Try putting a wanted Ad in the Buick Bugle or even Hemmings Motor News or other national/regional publications. Before i had a computer i used to put a wanted Ad in a regional weekly hobby related paper and i was constantly getting leads for Specials & Skylark parts & cars in my region (NE) I dragged home and parted out so many that i had to stop because i had no more room for the parts. I kept what i needed and sold the rest.
    Back in the 1980's when i was looking for a GS I would let everyone I know in the Buick hobby What i wanted at local/ Regional / national meets and it worked, I met a ROA member Paul at a ROA national meet in Colorado and a year later a woman called me stating that she was a college friend of Paul and she had a 65 Skylark GS Convertible that she had received as a HS graduation present in 65 and she saved it all these years for he children but they don't want it, so its for sale. !!! By the next Saturday the GS was in my driveway... You just never know who knows who and what they have....

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317