Author Topic: Thanks to cwmcobra  (Read 1506 times)

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Thanks to cwmcobra
« on: February 04, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »
While chatting on the phone I mentioned the noise coming from my engine compartment on start up and that it seemed to be the fan clutch. Without hesitation Chuck said that he had one of those and would I want it. Yes was my answer. Wouldn’t take anything for it and shipped it the next day. Lo and behold when it arrived it was an original that Chuck had cleaned it up (of course).

Fantastic group we have here and Chuck is one of the best.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Thanks to cwmcobra
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »
Ill second that!!  :rocker:   ws
Nothing comes alive like a 455 !

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Here, here! (Re: Thanks to cwmcobra)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »
Dear Dan, Bill, and 65GS.com "swell fellows!"

I'll certainly agree on Chuck's contribution to Dan's fan clutch and his work to organize the glove box liner group purchase!

Thanks Chuck!  :icon_thumright:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 06:44:52 AM »
Thanks guys.  Simply 'paying it forward' for all the help, advice, parts, etc. that that I've received from this fantastic group.  Even more important are the friendships that I've made along the way.  I can't imagine it gets any better than this on the Internet.  This is my exclusive version of 'social media'. 

Thanks to you all for all you do!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:58:36 AM »
Thanks for all your help with the glove boxes Chuck!  I have been wanting a correct one for my A/C car for years and was never able to find a way to contact the company that made them.  Glad you were able to find them and get this done!
As a side note on the fan clutches, I found a place that rebuilds/restores GM fan clutches and sent mine to them.  Looked and functioned like a NOS one when I got it back.  No surprise that it is tied to the Corvette crowd, but fortunately for us, GM used the same style fan clutches on buicks:

http://www.corvettestop.com/fan-clutch-restoration.html

'64 Skylark 2dr ht 4 speed, 300-4
'65 GS ht, 4 speed,2-4s,AC,PS,PB,PW,Pseat,Tilt
'66 Skylark 2dr ht 300-2 automatic
'78 Yamaha DT 400 2 stroke
'88 Ford F-150 4x4 (used to be 4x2)
'89 Ford F-350 4x4
'03 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual (daily driver)

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 01:13:54 PM »
While chatting on the phone I mentioned the noise coming from my engine compartment on start up and that it seemed to be the fan clutch. Without hesitation Chuck said that he had one of those and would I want it. Yes was my answer. Wouldn’t take anything for it and shipped it the next day. Lo and behold when it arrived it was an original that Chuck had cleaned it up (of course).

Fantastic group we have here and Chuck is one of the best.

Dan

Was that the same fan $5.00 fan clutch I found at the MN Spring Extravaganza swap meet several years ago?

I'll always remember that weekend, and Mark for helping thread those small bolts.

Glad to see you're still enjoying that car Dan.   :thumbsup:

PS. It's been a few months since my last visit to the site.
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »
Tom,
 Good to see you back, stranger. LOL And yes it was the  five buck fan clutch. Dan and I were laughing about it when we remembered.

Stick around.  And when are you going to get another '65 GS ?

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »
Loren,

Life stuff kind of got in the way, as well as not having a second vehicle of any type to play with.  Been thinking about
retiring, selling my house, and moving into a smaller apartment. That might preclude getting another 65 GS.  :sad1: :sad1:
I'm also scheduled for a right knee replacement in June.

The cold and winter thread reminded me how brutal it was up here as well. I'll try visiting more frequently.
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Why not do it da' simple way! . . . . (Was: Thanks to cwmcobra)
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 01:45:19 PM »
Dear Tom, Loren, and mid-60s Buick lovers trying "to have it all" . . . .  :love4:

. . . .
Been thinking about retiring, selling my house, and moving into a smaller apartment. That might preclude getting another 65 GS.  :sad1: :sad1:
. . . .

. . . . Don't let retiring get in the way of having a Buick!  Instead of the apartment, get yourself a Buick wagon with an assertive engine, then restore for yourself a vintage travel trailer (Caravan in UK-Engish) and travel North America! . . . .   Wouldn't that be the simpler and more reliable solution? . . . . .  :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

. . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: