Author Topic: 65 Coupe for Sale  (Read 789 times)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
65 Coupe for Sale
« on: January 14, 2019, 09:23:06 PM »
Hi Guys... remember me?   :laughing7:

The time has come to test the waters and look for a new owner for my last 65 GS.  It went into a body shop about 15 years ago, was partially disassembled, paint stripped, new floor pan and roof sails welded in and the body shop owner basically stopped working on it. 

To be frank... it ticks me off to even look at it!  It's time to get it out of this body shop of horrors and let someone else have a shot at finishing it.

Details (no current pictures yet)

- Very clean Nevada Turquoise Mist coupe with numbers matching engine, auto transmission and matching protect'o plate.  The car was drove all summer before going into the body shop from hell  :evil4:.  The pictures I've posted are of the car before it went into the body shop.

- Brand new Legendary full interior plus and an extra set of brand new seat covers (everything is black)

- New reproduction steering wheel

- New parking and reverse lenses

- Extra 401 GS motor (minus carb)

- Extra switch pitch GS transmission

- Many spares that I've collected over the years from various parts cars (bumpers, tail lights, trim etc)

Help me make this fast and painless and the first $6,000 takes it all!  Everything can be seen by appointment in Lima Ohio 45801.  As the Great North thaws out, if I don't have a buyer, I'll take some pictures and probably post on the V8 board and then Ebay.

I've sincerely dreaded this day, but it's time to move on...   :sad1:

Thanks,

Chris 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:09:25 PM by Chris »
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...
Re: 65 Coupe for Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:46:04 PM »
I really want to stress that I am not crapping on your thread.

15 years in the hands of someone who has no more interest than "it's another job on the books", and that it has been almost abandoned, well, maybe POW status.

Current pics would be a great incentive to folks who are interested.

If I were to move on this, it would require the obtaining space for all of it, and the effort to "get it all together and moved", whatever that might be.

And not knowing the attitude of the person who has it in their possession.

All that said, it is possibly an attractive project, or a basket case from hell.

If you can get more pics and provide as much details as you can, folks might have a better idea of desire to help you move it to someone that can do all of your past 15 years justice.

:)

Posted in the best interest of helping all who might get involved.

Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:05:47 PM »
I really want to stress that I am not crapping on your thread.

15 years in the hands of someone who has no more interest than "it's another job on the books", and that it has been almost abandoned, well, maybe POW status.

Current pics would be a great incentive to folks who are interested.

If I were to move on this, it would require the obtaining space for all of it, and the effort to "get it all together and moved", whatever that might be.

And not knowing the attitude of the person who has it in their possession.

All that said, it is possibly an attractive project, or a basket case from hell.

If you can get more pics and provide as much details as you can, folks might have a better idea of desire to help you move it to someone that can do all of your past 15 years justice.

:)

Posted in the best interest of helping all who might get involved.

Consider my post a "pocket listing" to my friends of nearly 20 years on this forum.  Any questions regarding condition, logistics for transport or storage are best answered by an individual interested in the purchase.  This was the main reason for extending an invite to potential buyers to examine everything in person and up close. 

The middle of winter isn't the best time of the year to sell a car so as Spring draws closer, if the car is still for sale, I will move it to my shop and invest the time to catalog everything with photos.

No pressure... no rush... just a FYI for those familiar with the car and interested in my status.   :thumbsup:

Thank you,

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »
Gotcha. :)

Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline 197064buickspec

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »
This is soooo I tempting.