Author Topic: More questions. Thanks!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
More questions. Thanks!
« on: December 13, 2009, 12:45:33 PM »
Does anybody have any advice on where to go for radiator hoses for my car?  I have not found anything listed.  Mark Ascher suggested that someone here might know of a source or a good substitute.  I have none of the originals from either of my Gs's so I don't even know what they look like.

Does anybody have any information on or photo of  the the location of the switch for the convertible roof for these cars?  Neither my skylark or gs converts came with an operational roof and neither had a switch installed to run the roof.   I figure it must be somewhere under the dash but i don't see an obvious location.

Anybody have a suggestion for battery cables?  I have been using OPG for various things but they have no cables listed. 

As always, thanks for any help.
Rob K

65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed

Offline 65gs76limited

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: More questions. Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 05:25:45 PM »
Rob,NAPA for the hoses but  there is a difference from A/C and non A/C.As far as the power top switch goes,they hide it in plain site.Located to the left of the lighter and it looks just like the rest of the knobs.It turns left and right not up and down.Battery cables i would check with Fusick Oldsmobile Products.www.fusick.com  they carry them for Cutlass with a 330 and 65 442's with a 400.     tom

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »
For the hoses you might try http://www.centervilleautorepair.com/buickparts3.html
He has a lower radiator hose that used to be $21.95. Compare that to the NAPA price of course.
They have lots of nice nailhead items.
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »
For a non-AC upper hose, I use a Gates #20704. Original application is for a early 70's Ford.
It's molded and fits nicely. I do trim both ends to shorten it some.
I do see a different upper hose on many of the 65's here, so there may be a better choice than the 20704.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline 65gs76limited

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
When I do my again I'm going to try the Ford hose. I bought the one from Centerville and NAPA and all thought they fit they both are shorter than the original and you can tell the difference when you put them next to each other.    Tom

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
This is helpful.  Thanks.  I feel like an idiot with regard to the top switch.  Both of my prior  older converts had toggle style switches on the under side of the dash so I just never would have guessed that this knob was it.   

Rob K
65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed