Author Topic: 1965 Buick Skylark Hardtop Great condition mild custom  (Read 731 times)

Offline Buicknut65

• Crazy about Buick!
1965 Buick Skylark Hardtop Great condition mild custom
« on: December 15, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »
Built this for my father who is 74 to drive everyday and anywhere . Once it was done he told me really wants a 41 Plymouth Businesss coupe with V8 and AT to drive so I got him one and took this car back . I'm on the fence with selling it but I want to do few things to my 65 Gran Sport Convertible and 41 needs some love still so going to put out on Buick sites only . Bought car in was in great shape already with only one paint job which is super nice and straight with close to prefect chrome and pot metal . Zero rust ever . I bought a rebuilt 71 350 that is completely stock bolted to turbo 350 complete installed upgraded valve covers , air cleaner and new HEI it all . From there decided to redo suspension and brakes . Went all new disc brake set , tubular A arms , quick ratio steering box , KYB shocks , with springs with air lift bags in back . Interior was super nice all stock other than guy redid seats and new carpet but dad didn't't like white headliner so I did headliner and package trey same colors as seats added Ironing board console , 15 " sport wheel and new saddle floor mats . Car needs nothing and can be shown or driven daily . I have Chrome American wheels not polished or 15 " Buick rallies but with new Cooper Cobra tires . Might be forgetting few things too . $ 18,000 with both sets of wheels won't find nicer for close to that . Cars in Aromas Ca 95004 . Thanks , Mike

Offline geardown767

• Getting Started
Re: 1965 Buick Skylark Hardtop Great condition mild custom
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:53:12 AM »
can you attach some pics?  does it have AC?
Thanks!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Welcome to the 65GS.com forum! (Re: 1965 Buick Skylark Hardtop)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:53:42 PM »
Dear Mike, geardown767, and mid-60s Buick lovers,  :love4:

can you attach some pics? 

I thought the same question but it has been an extremely crazy day  :BangHead: so I didn't have time to post it myself.

I see this this your first posting to 65GS.com so . . . .

Welcome to the 65GS.com forum!!
. . .

Cheers, Edouard   :occasion14:

P.S. Sorry Mike to distract from your original posting, but we need to take care of the visitors on this forum and besides, the discussion still calls attention to your car!  :hello2:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:57:38 PM by elagache »

Offline Buicknut65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 03:02:14 PM »
I can't post pics here for some reason . PM me email address I'll send directly .
Thanks

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »
It’s posted on V8Buick

http://www.v8buick.com/index.php?threads/1965-buick-skylark-hardtop-mild-custom.340877/

If you log-in the pictures are much bigger.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline Buicknut65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 05:56:25 PM »
Thanks guys , I love the car but I really have no time plus no indoor storage . If had place to put indoors I'd keep it but way to nice to be on a car port just sitting .
Cars so nice I almost thought about selling my 65 GS convertible and just keeping it but then remembered I've been looking for 15 years for a rust free 65 GS convertible
five GS convertibles later finally found . Thanks again , Mike