Author Topic: General Eisenhower drove a Buick Sport Wagon !  (Read 70 times)

Online option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
General Eisenhower drove a Buick Sport Wagon !
« on: November 23, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
   Had some time today to catch up on my reading. On page 80 of the December Hemmings motor news there is an article under the museums heading called "Generals Motors" it talks about the vehicles that Eisenhower, MacArthur, & Patton drove or were driven in.. The article states that after Eisenhower was president he owned three vehicles plus some golf carts. One of his vehicles was a 65 Buick Sport Wagon (Photo shows what looks like a white Sport Wagon up on blocks in garage #2) The article also states that General Motors offered him a lease of a new car every year for the rest of his life !  Since I am what they call an Eisenhower baby i thought the article was really[/i] cool...       for more information  www.nps.gov/eise/index.htm

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
THANKS! (Re: General Eisenhower drove a Buick Sport Wagon !)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »
Dear Tony and 65GS.com fans of history and wagons!

Had some time today to catch up on my reading. On page 80 of the December Hemmings motor news
. . .

One of his vehicles was a 65 Buick Sport Wagon (Photo shows what looks like a white Sport Wagon up on blocks in garage #2)

I did go through this Hemmings but skimmed through it so quickly that I missed the reference to the Sport Wagon.  So thanks!  :thumbsup:

Definitely makes the story of Eisenhower after his presidency that much more interesting!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: