0 (0%)
blue  anodize
0 (0%)
black  anodize
2 (40%)
raw aluminum
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: New Item Project. 5/8" and 3/4" Billet heater hose separators/clamps  (Read 119 times)

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...

I am talking with a manufacture to make 5/8" and 3/4" billet aluminum separators in Red, Blue and Black type II anodize as well as raw.

One hole 5/8" for the supply hose, and 3/4" hold for the return hose.

The cost per piece is about $5.00. (this is wholesale price/group buy deal @40% off their retail and no markup).

The poll has choice of 1, 2, or 3 and colors.

I'll leave it open to allow multiple selections in case 4 or more are desired or multiple cars.

I will ask if they will set up a SKU and to allow people to order directly, so I do not have to handle funds, or deal with trying to manage shipping and collecting.

FWIW, I searched all over and only found one source for these in 5/8" and 3/4" and they are only available in polished aluminum.

And since the 5/8" and 3/4" heater core was used in multiple makes and models, if anyone thinks other folks with other brands would be interested, let me know if you are on those boards and would like to help spread the word.

Once I get a good idea of desire/quantity, colors, and feedback, I'll post a follow-up.

Thanks!

Michael

Edited to clarify (in bold).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:04:40 PM by TrunkMonkey »
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks! (Re: 5/8" and 3/4" Billet heater hose separators/clamps)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »
Dear Michael and mid-60s Buick owners who want things "just right!"

This is an interesting project.  I don't know if this is something that could be used with a Vintage Air setup, but I'll take a look later today to see.  Thank you for taking on the fabrication of these pieces!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Hoses never parallel in my wagon. (Re: Billet heater hose separators/clamps)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »
Dear Michael and mid-60s Buick owners who like their engine bay well organized,

I am talking with a manufacture to make 5/8" and 3/4" billet aluminum separators in Red, Blue and Black type II anodize as well as raw.
. . . .

I finally had a chance to see how the heater hoses are routed in my trusty wagon and alas the hoses never run together in the engine bay itself.  They are routed between the inner and outer fender so that most of the time they aren't in the engine bay at all.  Here is the hose at the back of the engine:

In the middle is the solenoid that controls the flow of coolant.  It goes to the modified heater housing which was used to route the coolant and refrigerant hoses to the Vintage Air evaporator and heater core assembly which occupies space between the firewall and the dash on the passenger side.  The hose at the front of the engine can barely be seen in this photo just below the alternator on the left:

The hose passes under the compressor and alternator bracket before passing between the battery and the inner fender to be hidden once more.

So unfortunately, I can only lend moral support to this most interesting and aesthetically pleasing project.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline Robert V

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: New Item Project. 5/8" and 3/4" Billet heater hose separators/clamps
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 08:39:13 AM »
Good morning,
I could use one of these in black.

I see its an older post, did these become available?

Thanks,
Robert