Author Topic: I need some pricing input  (Read 251 times)

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
I need some pricing input
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »
I had recently purchased a 66 GS and in anticipation of a fun mild project bought a bunch of rare items, however once the car arrived I quickly found it was not the rust free car I had paid for. so in an effort to minimize my financial loss I am looking to put prices on my factory dual quad setup and my factory Q-jet setup so I can list them for sale.

factory 66 Q jet intake and a NOS 66 Q-jet carburetor #7041304

factory 65-66 dual quad intake and correct front carb with an incorrect rear carb and a spare incorrect front carb, repro progressive linkage, correct fuel lines, decent factory air cleaner with Acorn nut. 3 spare new air filter elements

can anybody give me some basic price suggestions?
Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: I need some pricing input
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
Q-jet setup
Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Sorry your fun project didn't turn out. (Re: I need some pricing input)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
Dear Bob and mid-60s Buick owners in search of enjoyable activities with their Buicks,

I had recently purchased a 66 GS and in anticipation of a fun mild project bought a bunch of rare items, however once the car arrived I quickly found it was not the rust free car I had paid for.

Sorry to hear that your GS purchase wasn't what you were promised.  I don't know the value of the items you purchased; however, I'm sure the experts on this board will answer your question.  Hopefully, you'll find another opportunity for a fun project in the not too distant future.

Cheers, Edouard

P.S. . . . . . Serves you right to rob da' cradle like that.  Next time stick to those trusty and reliable 1965 Buicks! . . . . . .

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:41:00 AM »
ebay is the standard..id research it on there, and look at completed auctions

that is the place to sell those items, even with the fees..

but now is the wrong time..wait til october november...they will bring a premium..and if youre trying to recoup...you need to get absolutle top dollar to make up for the loss on the car...in my opinion..so it doesnt hurt so bad..

Offline Nailhead

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »
Agree that ebay sales are best measure of current value.  I would sell all components separate to maximize $.  Find out what the non-original carbs with the dual quad fit.  Air cleaner elements are valuable if AC but aftermarket not.  The air cleaner housing is the big ticket item---post good high resolution pictures.

FYI, the 7041304 carb is a service replacement for the original 7026240.