Author Topic: 65 gs door panels POST CAR supplier  (Read 303 times)

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
65 gs door panels POST CAR supplier
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »
who make 65 GS POST CAR door panels..i cant find a supplier....

found a GS and thinking about buying it..trying to put a budget together

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 65 gs door panels POST CAR supplier
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
As of right now they are not being reproduced! Some of the bigger upholstery vendors might make a set ! But be ready to shell out the $$$$ . Used are hard to find ! A drawback to a post car! I went over 1700 miles to get a pair for my red interior post!

Offline 197064buickspec

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »
1965 Chevelle 2 door sedan will work but different pattern of course. I bought a set off eBay.

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »
bummer...i get it low production..i get it..but i thought they re popped them..well...that sucks...

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 03:16:05 PM »
Nope, no repops for the post cars. Too bad really.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
bummer...i get it low production..i get it..but i thought they re popped them..well...that sucks...

i cant find for post car...but they list elcamino and 2 door wagon...are they the same as hardtop?

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 07:00:55 PM »
GTO’s are A body GM cars and they make a post car interior for that. Legendary Buick interior items are really Pontiac colors so if you go that route buy from them.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »
        Years ago I bought a post coupe just to get the interior panels for my coupe project... But i do have a set of black rears that need some work but i thought they would work if needed, so i saved them. If you pay for the shipping they are yours, that would free up space for me to collect more Special/Skylark stuff !!! I'm real busy working on my Special right now, but i will be able to ship it out when I return from the Macungie PA Car Show. That would be the week of August 7th.

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:52 AM »
tony, i appreciate the offer..the rears are perfect..i dont have the car yet..hit a wall..he said one thing and now hes saying something else...i dont know if i will even get it now..

Offline Randy Jones

• Buick Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
Hello Folks,

I took a little time to contact Todd at PUI interiors regarding the possibility of producing an order of Post Door Panel sets. If you have think you could use new post door panel set, I could let Todd know the target quantity the group is interested in. I understand this inquiry may amount to nothing, but I figured what the heck.... give the company these guys a call. I am sure a lot of questions could be brought forward, I was just trying to get a count of interested post owners.

Todd's reply is listed below:

Thanks for reaching out to me on these door panels.  Please send me pictures of the front and rear panels for the 65 Skylark 2 door sedan.  This will help us determine if we can do them or not.

Also what initial quantity (sets) are you speaking about?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Todd Bidwell
Sales and New Product Development
RPUI
2801 Interior Way
LaGrange, KY 40031
502-425-3766 x4121
tbidwell@rpui.com

Randy

So many Skylarks, so little time!
65 Skylark Post
65 Skylark Convertible

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
awesome...

Offline jmos4

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 08:33:11 AM »
Hi all,

Post car interior stuff is very hard to find, I got a set a few years ago, luckily was the color I needed. As for market its tough to say, as the only company that makes the correct seat covers is Legendary, and last I was told by a fellow member, that they have only sold 4 sets in like 7 years.

Would be nice to have the option for the correct interior, maybe you could sell them on Special door panels as well. The one's for the Gran Sports were used in Skylarks and Special Deluxes, though there is a car local to me that sports the standard Special door panels, which are different.

As for current options, hardtop panels will fit, just not correct, any A-body, Chevrolet, Pontiac or Oldsmobile.

Keep us all posted on where you get with new ones. Also note the material has a specific grain so make sure if they do reproduce them to include it. I did a little research when I was looking into seat covers.

Regards,
Jim

1965 Skylark post car (65 GS frame 401/4-speed, 2x4's)
1964 Skylark (future 430 stick)
1965 Special 4 door 300 4speed
1964 Special 2 door (future, GS 401 3 speed stick)

Offline Randy Jones

• Buick Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 01:18:35 PM »
Randy here,

Well I would buy a set and Jon has a post, so he would be game.  That make 3 sets as of today (7-27-18).  Of course, it will take a bit more time to find out if more folks are game. I will bring forward any new information I hear.

My post skylark is getting the finish touches to a new nailhead drive-line, will get repainted and new head liner. New door panels would be a great detail.

Thanks, Randy
Randy

So many Skylarks, so little time!
65 Skylark Post
65 Skylark Convertible

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »
       In support of the project please put me in for a set, my post coupe should be ready for paint this fall . So a extra set of door panels would be a great idea if we can get it made. 
                               Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline 9er3delta

• Crazy about Buick!
  • John
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 09:21:15 PM »
I'll be needing a set of black 2-door post panels for my GS too within the next year.  I could buy them sooner and store them if they were available.  Thanks!