Author Topic: Any of you use CorrosionX?  (Read 65 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Any of you use CorrosionX?
« on: July 21, 2018, 05:08:31 PM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owners who hate rust,

In a New Zealand RV magazine of all places I found a ad for a lubricant called CorrosionX.  It is made by a company in Dallas Texas:

http://www.corrosionx.com/

The product is described on this webpage:

http://www.corrosionx.com/corrosionx.html

The big idea behind it is described in the following text from that page:

CorrosionX is the most advanced and effective corrosion prevention compound, lubricant and penetrant in the world! Although it may look like a typical oil-based anti corrosion spray, CorrosionX utilizes a revolutionary technology called Polar Bonding that does far more than merely slow down the corrosion process like those so-called 'corrosion inhibitors'. Corrosion-X actually kills existing rust and corrosion (keeping it from spreading) and provides long-term protection against rust and corrosion on any metal surface.

They go on to claim:

Due to Polar Bonding, CorrosionX causes common metals and metal alloys such as iron, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, bronze, etc. to chemically behave more like noble metals such as gold and platinum. In other words, as long as CorrosionX is present on metal, it can't rust or corrode! CorrosionX also has a dielectric characteristic, so it's safe on electronics and completely shuts down electrolysis between dissimilar metals.

Use CorrosionX wherever you want corrosion control without paint or wax coatings. A light spray of CorrosionX on power heads, gensets and engines a couple of times a year will keeping them looking like new – even in saltwater and coastal environments.

This stuff sounds like either a miracle or snake-oil.  However, since it has been approved by the U.S. Navy - it has to be real!

Have any of you used this stuff?  I'm definitely curious to learn more about it!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline 9er3delta

• Crazy about Buick!
  • John
Re: Any of you use CorrosionX?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 09:54:44 PM »
I've used an aviation version of CorrosionX on certain areas of my airplane that aren't painted, epoxied or zinc chromated where corrosion could potentially occur.  It has inhibited corrosion and protected bare metal from my own personal experience.  Some aircraft owners with aluminum airframes will have the interiors of their airframes CorrosionX'ed to ward off corrosion in cases where the aluminum isn't coated with anything else inside them.  Their airplanes will "weep" CorrosionX for a couple of weeks afterward.

I've also used it on a couple of truck frames, and it seemed to work.  In Iowa, it takes a lot to keep the brine from eating everything whether it is coated or not.   I keep a couple of cans around the shop on the rare occasion that I cannot oil, paint or powdercoat something.

Hope this helps. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:56:20 PM by 9er3delta »

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing. (Re: Any of you use CorrosionX?)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:52:56 AM »
Dear 9er3delta and mid-60s Buick owners in war with corrosion,

I've used an aviation version of CorrosionX on certain areas of my airplane that aren't painted, epoxied or zinc chromated where corrosion could potentially occur. 

. . . . .

Thanks for sharing your experiences! :thumbsup:  I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to look into this some more.  It does seem like a worthwhile product to have in your arsenal.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: