Author Topic: Want a "Lark" to go with your Skylark?  (Read 91 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Want a "Lark" to go with your Skylark?
« on: May 07, 2018, 11:11:53 AM »
Dear mid-60s Buick owners who like cute coincidences, . . . .

. . . So is your Skylark a little lonely?  Could it use another feathered friend to give some company?  Well, how about this "Lark?" . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Camper-1973-Lark-NO-RESERVE/302730322171

This is a 1973 Lark vintage "canned ham" travel trailer.  It is only 16 feet long and weighs just 1650 pounds!  Okay I know, completely off topic!   But you've gotta' admit, this little trailer is really cute and with the name "Lark," it really would rather be towed behind a Buick! (Skylark!) . . .  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Want a "Lark" to go with your Skylark?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 12:09:10 PM »
Wow, that's some pretty decent money for that trailer. My parents have a 63 Scotsman trailer that we used when I was growing up, a bit smaller than that one, but about the same weight. My dad just passed a few months ago, and my siblings and I are trying to figure out what to do with the trailer, since we know my Mom won't use it. With a bit of sprucing up, we could get it to look like this one, and if it will get $3K or so, might be worthwhile doing....

My dad didn't sell many of his cars when he was done using them. He had a 71 Suburban (my sister got that one running and is using it as a local run-around vehicle), a 67 Plymouth Valiant Slant Six (a friend was interested in it as a project car with his 12 year old son, so my Mom traded it for some work around the house), and a 60 Rambler Super 4 door, push button automatic that we've owned since 1966; my Mom learned to drive in that car (haven't decided what to do with that one, would like to find somebody who would get it back on the road, but likely won't find anybody that will want it for more than parts).

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Dear Keith and mid-60s Buick owners who also have some family heirloom treasures, . . .

Wow, that's some pretty decent money for that trailer. My parents have a 63 Scotsman trailer that we used when I was growing up, a bit smaller than that one, but about the same weight. My dad just passed a few months ago, and my siblings and I are trying to figure out what to do with the trailer, since we know my Mom won't use it. With a bit of sprucing up, we could get it to look like this one, and if it will get $3K or so, might be worthwhile doing....

Vintage trailers are becoming very trendy.  It might take a little time to learn about where to advertise it in the best venue, but little "canned ham" trailers are also very popular.  They are easier to restore and much more nostalgic than say an Airstream that suffers from its timeless styling.

Cheers, Edouard