Author Topic: Tired front seats  (Read 798 times)

Offline nailr65

• Crazy about Buick!
  • 65GS 4 speed ragtop
Tired front seats
« on: April 27, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
Hello, looking for suggestions on how to beef up existing seats.  My back and hips do not like the roll when turning.  I'm not sure if there is some type of insert that I could add.  Or should I go as far as to replace the springs and foam.  Thank Dave
now wouldn't you rather have a Buick

65' GS vert, 4 speed

Offline Super65lark

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Tired front seats
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 10:41:11 PM »
Hi Dave,

If you have bench seats like I do, I don't think there is anything you can do that would help side to side sway. I agonize over this too. I like the look of the original seats, but they aren't much for comfort. Many others opt for scat replacement buckets or similar.

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 09:57:25 AM »
That's a tough one. When I had my seats recovered the old timer that did my seats added a wire(s?) under the seats now the seats are super supportive. As to the board flat profile of the seats, I'm thinking a there should be some give in the seat cover so perhaps a subtle amount of foam could be added to the the bolsters without dramatically changing the appearance. Don't know if it will work but I know the wire under the springs is wonderful.

Jerry
Jerry

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 11:00:01 AM »
If you drive the car a lot the Procar seats are not a bad choice, very comfortable and affordable. On a 65 they almost match the back seat too. Save your factory seats for later then.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline sjfd04

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »
I have been looking at these seats:

http://www.tmiproducts.com/products/1965-chevelle-coupe-sport-r-seat-upholstery.html

They were at SEMA, very comfortable, you can buy the foam and covers. Use your seats.
65 GS 4-Speed Hardtop
2017 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
1970 1/2 Camaro Z-28 4-speed